• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

create two rollover states for a button

Explorer ,
Jul 05, 2018 Jul 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is this possible? because what I'm trying to do is after the learner jumps back from a quiz slide to a previous slide I want the button on that slide to say something else. I mean it's "let's go!" for example when they first visit that page and when they get back from the quiz I want that button to say something like "Go back to quiz". I gave the button a variable. Set it to zero. And set it up to increment when clicked. And if it's equal or greater than 1 I wanted to show another state. Which worked. The thing is when I hover on the button it says "let's go" again. It's annoying...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Jul 06, 2018 Jul 06, 2018

I see this already has a correct answer, which makes perfect sense.

However, if you still wanted both - have RollOver and Down effects AND vary button lable text depending on if it's first view or revisit/remidiation, you might consider to keep rollover and down state and display a user variable on the button face on all states, say with 'Let's Go' as default value. Then assign this variable the value 'Go back to quiz' through some action once e.g. you enter quiz scope. That way it would show the

Votes

Translate

Translate
Contributor ,
Jul 05, 2018 Jul 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Being that you want your button to say either "Let's Go" or "Go back to quiz"...just remove the both the RollOver and Down states...

You would want your button have  two states:

1: "Normal" =  Let's Go

2: "Your new state name of your choosing that is NOT RollOver/Down" = Go back to quiz.

That should get you where you want to be quickly!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 06, 2018 Jul 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see this already has a correct answer, which makes perfect sense.

However, if you still wanted both - have RollOver and Down effects AND vary button lable text depending on if it's first view or revisit/remidiation, you might consider to keep rollover and down state and display a user variable on the button face on all states, say with 'Let's Go' as default value. Then assign this variable the value 'Go back to quiz' through some action once e.g. you enter quiz scope. That way it would show the appropriate text on both scenarios while still switching states on mouseover and mousedown. Has to be a ShapeButton of course, not the old Button Object.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 06, 2018 Jul 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you guys so much for your ideas, both were good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources