• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

creating a custom fill-in-the-blank question

Explorer ,
Aug 01, 2018 Aug 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lol I know I've asked a lot of questions today but I think this one's the last. Now upon Lilly's advice, I tried to create a custom question. First of all I created a blank text entry box and assigned it to quesOne variable. I made quesOne variable empty. Then I created another variable named scoreNow to keep the current score and then I made a submit button from custom shapes and I entered this advanced action in it.

https://ibb.co/czAxOz

What I wanted to test was "if the user enters "you" in that text area, it will assign the empty variable scoreNow with 3 plus total points in the test. Then after adding that 3 points for this question it will assign that value to system variable cpQuizInfoPointsscored. Yet somehow it didn't work.

Where did I make a mistake?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 01, 2018 Aug 01, 2018

If you need only one Blank, no need for an advanced action at all. Just do what I described.

I have some blog posts where I use the Scrolling Text interaction instead of a TEB. In that situation you need an advanced or shared action.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh my mistake. I forgot to make the submit button to include the question in the Quiz. Now it seems to be working

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You only had to validate the TEB, indicate the correct answer. Then check the option 'Reporting' on the Properties panel for the TEB, and give it a score.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So what will be my advanced action?

If

QuesOne is equal to "you"

Action

Continue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you need only one Blank, no need for an advanced action at all. Just do what I described.

I have some blog posts where I use the Scrolling Text interaction instead of a TEB. In that situation you need an advanced or shared action.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lily, I don't know how to indicate the correct answer I mean where will I type it if not if clause?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yay, I've found it I think. Trying it now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's working, thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you click on the word which you marked Blank, a HUD pops up where you can add correct answer(s) with the + button.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much, I did it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources