• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creating a Page Down button in Captivate 19

New Here ,
Jan 26, 2021 Jan 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm creating a responsive project with an extended slide height of 1550 px and I would like to add a page down button that will scroll the page down to 760px. 

I've done somthing similar on a webpage that I maintain via Wix (volunteer work, not professional) where I added anchors so that the button will go to the anchor of the webpage.

My initial thought, was to add a java script to the button, but when I tested it, it actually brings me back to the top of the page, which is opposite of what I want it to do.  Below is the script that I added.

window.scrollTo({ top: 760, behavior: 'smooth' })

Can I do something similar to what I've done on a webpage in Captivate? Does anyone have tips on how to easily add a page down button to the extended slide.

I'm a novice in Captivate, so I need to try to keep this relatively simple. 

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
People's Champ ,
Jan 27, 2021 Jan 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You  need to make sure that the meta tag in the index is scrollable:

<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1">

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2021 Jan 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for the reply. Development is a newer skill set for me and I'm still learning.

I opened the Index file in Notepad and I changed the script from:

<meta name='viewport' content='initial-scale = 1, minimum-scale = 1, maximum-scale = 1'/>

to:

<meta name='viewport' content='width=device-width, initial-scale = 1'/>

When I open the index file in a web browser I get the same behaviour. When I click on the down button that I created it navigates to the top of the page instead of bringing me down to the middle.

I feel like I'm missing something really simple.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources