Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creating own navigation buttons in Master Slide - Captivate 9

Explorer ,
Jun 25, 2018 Jun 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have an issue creating toggle audio button in Master Slide. I know there have been several discussions regarding this in the platform. Also, Lilybiri had created a tutorial on this for Captivate 6.

But I couldn't find the solution to my issue yet.

Capture.PNG

I want the audio button with line to appear when the audio is playing, and the audio button without line to appear when the audio is not playing. I have added all these images as a Smart Shape in my master slide. Rest of the buttons are working fine but I am having issue with the audio toggle button.

Please find the action that I have used for the audio button without line:

Here I want to show the audio png with line or the mute icon. and in else statement I want to hide it. But I am not able to view/find the smart shape for mute button.

Please guide me through this.

Thanks,

Parichaya

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like you missed quite a lot of my more recent blog posts.

Have first a look at:

1 action = 5 Toggle Buttons - Captivate blog

I use multistate objects in that post and a shared instead of an advanced action, both features that appeared after CP6.

Moreover you have to know exactly which audio can be paused by such a button. If you have Background audio, only the default Pause button on a playbar can stop that audio, a custom audio button will not do it at all.  I have blogged a lot about the Timeline lately and what can be paused. You can also watch this interactive movie, included in a recent post:

Pausing Timeline and Audio clips - eLearning

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your response.

We cannot create states for smart shape and there is no option to create buttons in master slide. Then how do I change from play audio image to mute audio image, when I click on it.

I am able to play and pause the slide audio but I am not able to show the change in images (from play to mute audio).

Is it possible to achieve that in Master Slide?

Shall I remove the audio button from my master slide and add as a button in my first slide and then continue it for rest of the project?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only interactive objects on master slides are the shape buttons, not the older types of buttons.

States didn't show up for shape buttons on master slides in your version, they do in the most recent version however. Sorry for that, not always easy to remember every change with versions. You can replace the shape buttons on master slides with a shape button on the first slide, timed for the rest of the project if the states are important.

I don't understand what you mean by 'audio image'? Do you mean object audio? Have a look at my post about Pausing the Timeline, to see which type of audio can be paused and which not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure why my comment was deleted, because I didn't insert any link which would lead to waiting time for approval. Will try again:

Only Shape buttons can be used on master slides, or can be timed for the rest of the project. CP9 didn't show states for shape buttons on the master slide, so you may need to use the Timed for the rest of Project approach.

I don't understand 'image audio'? Do you mean object audio? Did you watch that movie for which I posted a link in a previous post?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By mistake I named it as image audio. I meant to say the icon when audio is not being played and when its being played.Capture.PNG

I have now created the state button in my first slide, and displaying for the rest of the project. Its working fine now. I am able to play/pause the audio as well change the images with states functionality.

Thanks a lot

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OK, it is the image used in the state as I showed in that blog post about 1 action = 5 toggle buttons.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources