• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cursor doesn't change to hand, despite 'Hand Cursor' being checked

New Here ,
Nov 04, 2019 Nov 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a number of PNGs set as buttons; 'hand cursor' is checked on under Properties > Actions, but when I preview the slide in my browser, the hand cursor doesn't appear (cursor remains as a simple arrow). The buttons still work, but the user can't see that they're buttons. In addition, when I tried to set a rollover as an experiment, that doesn't seem to work either. Am I missing something? This is my first project using Captivate and so far I'm not impressed with the usability of it – it's almost like going to an MS Office program, it doesn't have the polish I associate with Adobe.

EDIT: having examined this issue more, I've realised it's because buttons always need to be at the top of your layer stack in the timeline. Nowhere is this communicated; in no post I've read about buttons does it say that layer ordering is important. 

TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe you'll have to look for another tool with more polish. Sorry, but newbies judging an applications they don't know at all....

Have a look at:

http://blog.lilybiri.com/overvew-6-button-types

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lieve,

I appreciate you taking the time to reply, but having tried four of the listed six buttons (Text, Transparent, Shape, BMP image), none of them appear to sort the issue I'm having of the hand cursor not appearing. I have two more buttons on a Master Slide – one to return to the previous slide visited, and one to return to a home screen; these work perfectly. They are set up in exactly the same way as PNG files with the 'use as a button' box ticked. The only difference that I can see is that they're on a Master Slide.

When I said I was not impressed, I am judging Captivate by other Adobe programs (Indesign, Photoshop, AE, Illustrator, Premier) that I've been using professionally for eight years; perhaps it's because their user bases are larger than that of Captivate, but there are far more help resources out there and I find it easier to hunt out answers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Do not judge before you know the product. I am an ACP/AEL,  use lot of Adobe applications and have been long-time trainer for several.

Where did you tell in the original question that you were talking about a PNG on the master slide? Did you activate the Hand cursor when on the master slide? I just double-checked in 11.5.1.499 and the hand cursor works for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources