• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Custom characters in Captivate?

Explorer ,
Dec 03, 2018 Dec 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to create & import custom characters one makes from scratch? We have a potential client who would like to use images of their employees, not the stock characters that come with Captivate.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 04, 2018 Dec 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You won't be able to add them to the Assets > Characters section of Captivate but there's nothing to stop you from just using the photographs of employees as normal images.

Just take the photos with the employee standing against a flat coloured background, use PhotoShop to completely remove the background, and then save the file as a transparent PNG.  Bring those images into your projects like any other PNG.  Because PNG allows you to have a transparent background, you can float the characters over the other elements on slide.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 04, 2018 Dec 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Rod. That's the approach we're considering and is likely the way they'll go. I may be mistaken but I thought I saw where some third party developers sold add-ons that included additional characters. That's what got me thinking about this. But of course if that's the case it might require some kind of licensing agreement w/ Adobe. But more than likely I was simply mistaken in my assumption.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 05, 2018 Dec 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

With the first version including Characters, there was even a way to add custom characters to the thumbnail dialog box. Now most of the characters have to be downloaded from the eleaening Brothers site, more choice.

Bit off topic: did you think about iusing the new features of the Video Demo, where you can record the webcam and use greenscreening?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources