• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Custom Correct/Incorrect Message on Sequence Knowledge Check Slide

New Here ,
Apr 11, 2019 Apr 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a sequence knowledge check slide that I want to display custom success/failure messages on. They are the same messages shown on other knowledge check slides, like multiple choice, true false, etc. The issue is that when I run the action to display the appropriate message, the sequence steps are on TOP of the message. I cannot find a way to reorder it so the message is on top, or hide the sequence steps. Any suggestions? I am using Captivate 2019. Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The way Captivate quiz questions (and KC questions) work is that the default components are always at the top level.  There is some ability to move the default components (e.g. Feedback Captions) to higher or lower layers by manipulating things on the Master Slides and changing the order that you add options to the slide.

But in your case, since you are adding other non-default components to the question slide, these will end up on layers below the default components.

You have two options:

1. Move your custom components to areas on the slide where they will not be covered by the default components.

2. Forget about using the standard KC slides and create your own from scratch using standard Captivate components such as Smart Shapes, Buttons and Images.  Then you have complete control over which items appear on which layers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I posted a sequence of 5 articles about the default setup of Quiz slides on the eLearning portal. Busy now with explaining some possible tweaks. Teh information that Rod provided about the priority of the embedded objects, always on top, can be found there as well.

You didn't specify if  this is a responsive or non-responsive project?  Are those custom messages text messages?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources