Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Custom Feedback and correspongng audio on Quiz

New Here ,
Jan 11, 2019 Jan 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

We recorded audio for our custom feedback messages on quiz slides to accommodate visually impaired users who use the audio to learn. The problem is that if a user selects a response before the slide audio is complete, both the slide audio and the custom feedback audio play at the same time. We could delay the appearance of the submit button until after the slide audio is finished; this, however, during our UAT we found this bothersome to our largest percentage of our users.

For those of you skilled with advanced actions (I am not), is there a way to pause slide audio when the submit button is selected but allow the custom feedback audio to continue?

I am using Captivate 2017 , Windows 10.

Thanks in advance for your response. If you have other suggestions for handling, we welcome them.

Sherry

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am pretty skilled with advanced and shared actions.

You cannot move the Submit button on the timeline, it is an embedded object and that means that it doesn't have an individual timeline. I don't know how you did realize that, because messing up embedded objects on quiz slides is asking for troubles. You can move its pausing point, but that has no effect on slide audio. Quiz slides are the only slides where there is no possibility to pause slide audio with an interactive object.

You don't have control over the action triggered by the Submit button neither, for the same reason as mentioned above.

Sure, have some workarounds. First I want to know if you need CC, which is only possible for the slide audio.  I have two workflows in mind. Probably will write them out in a short blog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Lilybiri, I look forward to reading the blog. We don't necessarily need cc on the quiz slide since the question displays on the screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Forgot, that I already published one of the workflows in a blog: I have been writing too much in 2018.

3 Audio Tricks - Captivate blog

Look at the second Trick. This workflow can be used when you need CC as well.

If you don't need CC, you can also replace the slide audio by an audio clip which is triggered by the Play Audio command, used On Enter for the slide. Typical for this way of playing audio, is that if you start another audio clip by the same command (with the Submit button I presume) the first clip will automatically be stopped.

Sorry for my memory failing...rarely happens because  each blog needs quite a lot of time to prepare. It sticks in my memory.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources