Highlighted

Custom Feedback Messages During Quiz Review

New Here ,
Jun 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using Captivate 2017

We will have three (3) quiz scenarios/slide for the learner to answer. We do not want any "default" feedback messages to show from the normal quiz captions as the quiz is taken (no correct, incorrect or incomplete feedback messages).

Once the learner gets to the quiz results slide, we'd like to:

1. Have custom feedback messages on the quiz results advising them which questions are correct and incorrect and why

2. Have custom feedback messages appear on each quiz question slide if they click the Review Quiz button and review each quiz question slide. Custom correct and incorrect messages on each slide/scenario would advise why/give more detail as to why correct or incorrect.

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Custom Feedback Messages During Quiz Review

New Here ,
Jun 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using Captivate 2017

We will have three (3) quiz scenarios/slide for the learner to answer. We do not want any "default" feedback messages to show from the normal quiz captions as the quiz is taken (no correct, incorrect or incomplete feedback messages).

Once the learner gets to the quiz results slide, we'd like to:

1. Have custom feedback messages on the quiz results advising them which questions are correct and incorrect and why

2. Have custom feedback messages appear on each quiz question slide if they click the Review Quiz button and review each quiz question slide. Custom correct and incorrect messages on each slide/scenario would advise why/give more detail as to why correct or incorrect.

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 25, 2018 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jun 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That will be a lot of manual work, because the default design of Quizzes in Captivate doesn't provide that functionality. This blog post could give you already some ideas about what is possible

Custom Review

If you want a unique message during the default Review of Captivate (with the checkmarks) you'll have to track each of the questions by a user variable to see if it was answered correctly or not. Based ob that variable and on the system variable cpInRveiwMode you will have to show the feedback message. You can use an initially hidden multstate object for that purpose and show the  appropriate state. That has to happen with a shared action On Enter of the slide..

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 25, 2018 0
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to create a shape, hide on output and apply an advanced action to only show when the file is in review mode. Works only on 2 of the 3 slides I need it on. I have no idea why the shape with the same action doesn't show for the third knowledge check slide. Any insight? I have checked the layering and all appears to be ok.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 20, 2018 0
Jul 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you show a screenshot of the advanced action? I would have used a shared action (of course).  Did you label the custom shapes in a consistent way (never use duplicate names)?

Do you use the Knowledge Check slides in Captivate? There is no Review mode for those. In the original question you didn't talk about KC slides.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 20, 2018 0
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I figured it out. I needed to change the advanced action on the slide level for On Enter. I was trying to change on the shape level. Thank you for writing back!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 20, 2018 0
Jul 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, you really should use a shared action, will be much easier to handle if you need this functionality in future projects.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 20, 2018 0
Participant ,
Nov 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did you set up your shape to only show in review mode? Which advanced action did you use?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 19, 2018 0
Nov 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know if the OP will answer your question but it is pretty simple: use the system variable cpInReviewMode in a conditional action on each quiz slide. That variable is a Boolean.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 20, 2018 0
Participant ,
Nov 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the conditional action? I'm sure this is not right but I guess I'm not getting what ReviewMode needs to equal to show the shape.

Screen Shot 2018-11-20 at 9.08.33 AM.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 20, 2018 0
Nov 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wrote that it is a Boolean, which means it has only two possible values: 0 when not in Review mode, and 1 when in Review mode. The condition should be:

IF cpInReviewMode is equal to 1

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 20, 2018 1
Participant ,
Nov 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perfect. Thanks.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 20, 2018 0
New Here ,
May 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello - I'm in a similar situation as the OP, and wondering how to track each of the questions by user variable. I know how to track clicks on a button (for branching menus), but not sure how to do this on the quiz answers themselves. Would greatly appreciate help with this, as I'm going around in circles trying to get this to work. Thank you!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 30, 2019 0
Lilybiri LATEST
May 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you read this blog post:

Quiz Tweaks 6: Review mode - eLearning

What do you want exactly to track? You can use a quizzing system variable like cpQuizInfoAnswerChoice to set the Boolean for that slide to its value: 0 if answer is wrong, 1 if it is correct. Or use Success and Last Attempt action to populate the variable.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 30, 2019 0