Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Custom Mouse not appearing in video demo

Explorer ,
Oct 03, 2019 Oct 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Afternoon,

I am using Captivate 11.5.1.499 and am trying to create a video project "File / Record a New / Video Demo". I record the demo, but when I play back a specific cursor isn't visible. The "Show mouse in Video Demo Mode" is checked.

When the cursor goes over a menu, dialog, edit., etc, and it displays a standard Windows cursor it appears in the video demo. When the cursor passes over another area of the screen where we create at runtime a custom cursor based on specific size requirements the cursor doesn't appear.

If I create a "Software Simulation" project and set the FMR to enable and record the same sequence of events to produce the same demo the cursor correctly appears.

Can anyone advise as to why it works ok in "FMR / Simulation" mode, but not in the "Video Demo".

Thanks

Phil.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Oct 03, 2019 Oct 03, 2019

Hi,

I actually think I have resolved it. Went to "Edit Mouse Points" and then checked the cursors - saw my custom one wasn't available so created a custom cur and imported. Replaced at the appropriate places in the "Edit Mouse Points" and then it appears correctly.

Regards

Phil.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I actually think I have resolved it. Went to "Edit Mouse Points" and then checked the cursors - saw my custom one wasn't available so created a custom cur and imported. Replaced at the appropriate places in the "Edit Mouse Points" and then it appears correctly.

Regards

Phil.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
That would have been my suggestion, to check the cursor setup in the Video Demo Editor. Thanks for reporting that your issue has been solved. I

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources