Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Custom Quiz and LMS

Explorer ,
Nov 29, 2018 Nov 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am realativly new to Captivate, and eLearning auothering, and have ran into a bit of a snag.   Been working on a project for a client, which requires a Quiz, and the ability to jump from questions back to the reference material in the previous slides,  SO I have been unable to use the in build Captivate Quiz system.  
I have followed the  'Custom Multiple Choice Final Quiz Question' on Paul Wilsons Youtube channel, and this has given me the functionilty I need in the Module.
How ever I am running into and issue when testing on the Scorm Cloud.
If the incorrect answer is selected, I have set it to a score of 1, and to not add to the total, which is working fine.  However, The results section in the Scorm results page, displays everything as correct, even if the actual answer is incorrect.

This is what I am getting on the Scorm Page..

Capture.PNG

I done a test using the standard Captivate Quiz, and got this.  

Capture1.PNG

Which is what I need the custom quiz to do.

IS there any solutions to this issue ?

Thanks in advance.

Stuart

TOPICS
Quizzing and LMS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 30, 2018 Nov 30, 2018

That is called Remediation. Workflow:

• on the content slide you need a Next button
  • attach the command 'Return to Quiz' to that button
  • when the learner gets on that slide from aother content slide, the Next button will act as a normal Go to Next Slide button
  • when the learner gets to that content slide from a quiz slide, inext button will send him back to the quesiton slide.
  • Use the failure action of the quiz slide to send the learner to the content slide

There is a drawback: it means that the learner wi

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not a good setup probably. You could ask Paul. If you had followed one of my tutorials about custom questions (have a ton of them) I would have helped you out, here or on my blog  site. I find it very strange to add a score to an incorrect answer, but must miss something.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should Clarify,

I have a score of 10 assigned to the incorrect answer, just cause it was teh default and I never changed it when I added the button to quiz, but it has only been set to Report answer, and not add the score. The main issue is just getting scorm to report an inncorrect answer as incorrect.  In my head it sounds super simple, but Just running up on a wall at the moment

I shall have have a wee look through some of your posts and see if I spot anything that could assist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you set an interactive object to report to the quiz, and then set it to report a given Score (e.g. 10 points) it will only report that score when it achieves a SUCCESS condition, e.g. if it's a button, success means being clicked by the user. 

So, for if you set up a slide with two interactive objects (for correct and incorrect answers) then clicking the WRONG object should not report a score to the quiz.  Only clicking the correct object should report a score.

With these kinds of quizzes, you don't get all the same functionality as one of Captivate's true quiz slides.  You're basing Pass or Fail on whether or not the learner scores enough points to pass the threshold.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 30, 2018 Nov 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rod, Thansk for your response ?

If I am understanding you correctly,  I should just have the Incorrect Button, not add to the Guiz total And not to report to the quiz? and just rely on on all the correct Buttons to contribute to the score ?curiosity

Out of curiosity, this what I am looking to acheive, a situation of Cant have both, free navigation to and from questions and The same captivate quiz frunctionality ? Is it sort of a one or the other sort of deal ?

Thanks again

Stuart

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Free navigation is also possible with normal Quiz slides if you use the option 'Submit All'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI Lilybiri,

Thank you for your reply.

I did have a playa round with the submit all option, which did allow me to go back through the questions to get back to the main menu for example, but I am looking to get allow the user to jump from a question, to an information video/page, and then jump back to the question to answer, which I couldn't seem to get working.   Is there something I am missing in terms of that ?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is called Remediation. Workflow:

• on the content slide you need a Next button
  • attach the command 'Return to Quiz' to that button
  • when the learner gets on that slide from aother content slide, the Next button will act as a normal Go to Next Slide button
  • when the learner gets to that content slide from a quiz slide, inext button will send him back to the quesiton slide.
  • Use the failure action of the quiz slide to send the learner to the content slide

There is a drawback: it means that the learner will get into a loop until he answers correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi LilyBiri,

I will have a go at what you ahve suggested see how it goes,  I had completely missed the "Return to Quiz" in the actions drop down menu.  So will see how it plays out,   I also came across your Link score to attempts in Custom questions Post on your Blog, and it has a similar "help" option that I am aiming for, So will try and implament that as well. 

Ron, I have gotten the quiz to  now only account for the correct answers, which is a step forward for me.  I will implament what you and lily have mentioned and see how it goes.

Thanks again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I think you understand me correctly.  If you want people to get points for selecting only correct answers then it makes no sense to award them points for clicking the wrong answers.

Captivate's default quiz questions are more designed with traditional approaches to quizzing in mind, where the learner is expected to answer every question as they get to it and then move on one question at a time until they complete the quiz.

Captivate does have the ability configure quiz questions so that giving the wrong answer results in the learner being sent back to a content slide which contains the remedial information before then returning to the same quiz question for another attempt.  If you want to learn more about that setup you need to investigate Captivate's Help pages and some online Youtube tutorials that explain what is known as "Return to Quiz".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see Lieve has explained Return to Quiz steps for you already.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry, Rod. There are many tutorial on YouTube, I know, but some are really confusing. That is the problem with public channels, free but you have to find the good one between the…...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources