Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Custom Quiz feedback

Community Beginner ,
Sep 05, 2018 Sep 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

A client of mine wants me to produce a custom quiz in Captivate. This would consist of True and False questions,

Fill in the Blank, Drag and Drop etc. As we know, once you click Submit, you would get some feedback (in textual)

format depending on whether or not you have answered correctly or not.

However, is it possible to add some extra functionality (maybe via the Advanced Actions capability) where an image
(as a layer previously hidden etc) appears if you get the right answer and a different image appears if you get the wrong answer. Could we do this with the conditional actions in the Advanced Actions panel?

I was thinking either a graphic of a Tick or a Cross could either appear depending on the answer given once the user

clicks Submit. If feasible, could this be done by setting a variable or by including some extra JavaScript code in the background?

Thanks in advance

Keith

Please email with any ideas to:-

keith_trodden@yahoo.com

TOPICS
Quizzing and LMS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, can be done with a shared action (better if you need it on multiple slides). You have to be aware of the fact that all embedded objects in a quiz slide have prioirty in the z-order, you should avoid to have the hidden images (or maybe better states in a multistate object) overlapping with the embedded objects. Moreover I would like to know which version you are using, and if you are talking about a normal or a responsive projet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for the swift reply!

I was looking at this on the 2017 version of Captivate but I should be using the latest version  on Friday when I start.

It should be a normal project with a few questions at the end.

I was thinking of having the shared action and some global variables so that I can put a conditional action on the TRUE and False

buttons on the question slide.

If I click TRUE it sets the variable to 1 and the conditional action detects this and shows one layer

False sets it to 0 and shows the other layer.

(Both these layers are hidden at the start)

That should work right?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Captivate has no 'global' variables like in programming languages. Maybe you should have a look at my blogs about quizzing system variables:

https://elearning.adobe.com/2017/03/creative-with-quizzing-system-variables/

Especially the variable cpQuizInfoAnswerChoice and cpQuizInfoLastSlidePointsscored could be interesting. No need to create a user variable for each question slide.

You may find some more ideas in this very old article (my most visited one):

Question Question Slides in Captivate - Captivate blog

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources