• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Custom Quiz Result Multiple Messages Based on Score

New Here ,
Jan 10, 2019 Jan 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I've searched throughout the forums and forgive me if this has been posted else where and I missed it.

I'm trying to create a custom quiz result slide that will tell the learner a specific message based on their score. This would be more messages than just pass of fail. I'm looking to have four total messages. Everything I look at is just utilizing pass or fail to prompt an action, and I'm still new to Captivate to really figure out the next step past that. I feel like this is possible... thoughts?

Also - maybe I'm thinking about this wrong. The actual issue is this - I have 4 self reflection multiple choice questions that I'd like the learner to answer, then I'd like to provide feedback based on what kind of combination of those 4 answers the learner chose. This is more like those "what character are you?" or "what kind of sandwich are you?" online quizzes that spits out a result and image based on what you chose. If creating a custom quiz result slide isn't the answer - any thoughts on how to do this?

I'm using Captivate 2017 on a Mac.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 10, 2019 Jan 10, 2019

Sorry about that, I have plenty of blog posts about Advanced actions. You'll need to create an action with multiple decisions, similar to the Pretest action which you can find in each course. The older posts I wrote about graded survey couldn't use multistate objects because they didn't exist yet but those make it a lot easier. Action will look like:

IF v_score is equal or greater than ....

Change State of Text to.....

If v_score is less than ....  AND

score is equal or greater than

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have published a couple of blogs about using Captivate's quiz as survey tool.  Becuse that is what you really want. I have answered multiple simiar questions as well on the forum. How will you put the answers in score, that is the first problem. If that is solved, you can use the On Enter action of the Score slide to trigger an advanced action which multiple decisions which will show one state of a multistate object. That object will have all the messages in a state. Technically this is pretty simple, the challenge is how will you have a score attached to the answers? Do you have an idea? How familiar are you with creating complicated advanced actions? Do you need to use the default quiz slides, or are you prepared to create custom quiz slides?

BTW which version are you using (full number please) and are you talking about a non-responsive or a responsive project?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much for the reply!

Ah! A Survey - that makes sense. I was able to give each answer to each question a weighted score that would spit out the 4 results as points as something like 25, 50, 75, 100 (or close to that idea).

I'm not very familiar with advanced actions, but have been successful in following blogs and video tutorials. Right now my 4 quiz questions are default quiz question slides, while I had planned to create a custom quiz result slide. I've watched a few tutorials on that process already. The object having all the messages in states makes sense. Its just the piece in the middle with the advanced actions that is my knowledge gap.

Using Captivate 10.0.1.285 - non responsive project.

I really appreciate you taking the time to reply, you mentioned you have written about similar solutions, do you think what I'm trying to do could be solved with one of your resources?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry about that, I have plenty of blog posts about Advanced actions. You'll need to create an action with multiple decisions, similar to the Pretest action which you can find in each course. The older posts I wrote about graded survey couldn't use multistate objects because they didn't exist yet but those make it a lot easier. Action will look like:

IF v_score is equal or greater than ....

Change State of Text to.....

Change State of Text to...

Change State of Text to...

IF v_score is less than

Change State of Text to....

I used here a user variable v_score. If you keep to the default quiz slides, and can arrange to have them scored correctly, you can replace that user variable by the system quizzing variable cpQuizInfoPointsscored.

Here is a link to some blogs:

Discover/Use Captivate's System variables - Part 1 - Captivate blog

Using Quizzing System Variables - Captivate blog

Advanced Actions Dialog box in Captivate 2017/2019 - Captivate blog

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ah!! It worked!! This was so helpful!! Thank you so much, I really appreciate it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources