Highlighted

Custom text caption bitmaps do not display correctly

New Here ,
Feb 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I searched the forum and saw similarly titled posts, but none that described my issue.

I'll start by saying I'm a new user, so please bear with me.

I'm playing with custom captions because I want to use corporate colours in my presentations. To quickly test this functionality I made copies of all five "Adobe Blue" themed captions bitmaps and the associated FCM files. I renamed the bmps to "NewName1" through 5 and renamed the FCM files accordingly. I edited the colour of the copied bmps in a photo editing app, and then saved them. I copied all edited BMP and FCM files to the Gallery\Captions folder, then closed and reopened Captivate.

The problem? When I create a text caption and set the Caption Type to my new collection the images I saved do not appear. It looks like a default of some sort is applied instead. The images in the Callout preview below the Caption Type do not look like the images I saved either. All other Caption Types that came with the program apply correctly.

Any idea what I might be doing wrong?

Snag_5df7fd0.png

TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Custom text caption bitmaps do not display correctly

New Here ,
Feb 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I searched the forum and saw similarly titled posts, but none that described my issue.

I'll start by saying I'm a new user, so please bear with me.

I'm playing with custom captions because I want to use corporate colours in my presentations. To quickly test this functionality I made copies of all five "Adobe Blue" themed captions bitmaps and the associated FCM files. I renamed the bmps to "NewName1" through 5 and renamed the FCM files accordingly. I edited the colour of the copied bmps in a photo editing app, and then saved them. I copied all edited BMP and FCM files to the Gallery\Captions folder, then closed and reopened Captivate.

The problem? When I create a text caption and set the Caption Type to my new collection the images I saved do not appear. It looks like a default of some sort is applied instead. The images in the Callout preview below the Caption Type do not look like the images I saved either. All other Caption Types that came with the program apply correctly.

Any idea what I might be doing wrong?

Snag_5df7fd0.png

TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Feb 11, 2020 0

Have something to add?