• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Customize feedback in quiz review mode for RANDOM quiz...

Community Beginner ,
Jul 23, 2019 Jul 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a multiple choice math quiz comprised of randomized quiz questions. I need to create a feature where the user, while in quiz review mode, can go back to a question they answered incorrectly and see the solution as to how the correct answer is derived. I'd prefer this solution to be an image that is shown. Is this possible to do with a quiz comprised of random questions in Captivate 9?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 24, 2019 Jul 24, 2019

I have been thinking about your problem as well.

During the night found a solution (mostly find them in the night). I tested it out and it works. However, I use 11.5, not your version. Not sure anymore what was missing in CP9.

Will write out a blog to show the workflow and post a link here when I have fhinished.

Blog is published at:

Custom Feedback - Random slides - eLearning

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, cannot test in that old version anymore. The On Enter event is available in the question pool for the questions. Use it to ccheck the value of the system variable cpinRevewMode and show a hidden image if that var == 1

However that image will have to be static, not sure exactly how you want it to behave.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your quick response. I can see how that method would work if the questions were not random, but I'm confused on how I would set it up for random questions. How can I correlate a specific image to a specific question, when the quiz is comprised of random questions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe you missed this sentence:

The On Enter event is available in the question pool for the questions.

You have to do this for all the questions in all the used pools. I often needed to set up actions for pool questions. This means that you need an image (for the feedback) from all the questions. That is why I asked you how do they have to look, those images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ohhh, yes I see now. When I initially read that statement my mind went to the Question Pool Manager, not the Question Pool. That makes total sense now. I haven't thought yet on how the images will look, but will be back if I run into an issue. Thanks again for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've run into an issue...I've inserted the image depicting the solution to the math problem on the appropriate question slide within the Question Pool, and have made it hidden. In On Enter for that slide within the Question Pool, I have made it execute advanced actions. For my conditional statement, I have used "if cpInReview Mode is equal to 1," but when I select 'show' it does not list any images as options to choose from. I've tried with text boxes as well and that also doesn't show up as an option.

What am I missing here?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, I see. Forgot about that limitation within a question pool. I know the reason. The ID of the objects on pool questions will not be kept when inserted as random questions.  Normally I always test an answer out, my apologies that I didn't do it in this case.  My sincere apologies.  Today is a very busy day for me, if I can find a workaround, will be back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 24, 2019 Jul 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For future readers: using Captivate 9, I was not able to have an image appear on a random quiz slide as I had hoped. To work around this, I added a text box with a different four-digit code on each quiz question page within the Question Pool. Then, after the Quiz Results page, I added another page with a text entry box. Utilizing Advanced Actions, when the user enters any of the codes found on the quiz question pages, the corresponding image pops up depicting the solution for that problem. Huzzah!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 24, 2019 Jul 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been thinking about your problem as well.

During the night found a solution (mostly find them in the night). I tested it out and it works. However, I use 11.5, not your version. Not sure anymore what was missing in CP9.

Will write out a blog to show the workflow and post a link here when I have fhinished.

Blog is published at:

Custom Feedback - Random slides - eLearning

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 26, 2019 Jul 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for taking the time to work through a solution and for writing out your workflow. That means a lot to me, thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome, maybe yoy should change the correct answer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Done. Good idea

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources