Debug shows a blank window

Mar 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to do some troubleshooting for an HTML5 SCORM file I created in Captivate when it's uploaded into Cornerstone OnDemand, but I'm having a problem with getting the debug to work. I've enabled the debug options in scormdriver.js file after I've published the file so blnDebug=true and SHOW_DEBUG_ON_LAUNCH=true, and while a window does appear when I launch the file the pop-up window is blank.

I've tested this in SCORM Cloud and in Cornerstone, but it's not working in either system. I also inquired of the problem with SCORM Cloud and they looked at the file and they're seeing that it's making the right calls and should be loading the debug but they're also unsure about why it's not displaying anything. If you look at the code for the pop-up window when it appears it just has an opening and closing head and body tags but nothing else.

I also went back to Captivate version 7 and the debug doesn't work when publishing an HTML5 file in this version either. Any ideas or does anyone know what needs to be fixed?

The solution to getting this to function is making a change in the CPM.js file, which is located the assets/js/ folder after publishing. You have to change the line "quizReportingData:{lWriteDebugInfo:false," to "quizReportingData:{lWriteDebugInfo:true,". (minus the quotation marks).

Changing the lines in the scormdriver.js file aren't necessary, although you'll have to press and hold Shift + ??? when the file loads in order to see the debug window.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Debug shows a blank window

Mar 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to do some troubleshooting for an HTML5 SCORM file I created in Captivate when it's uploaded into Cornerstone OnDemand, but I'm having a problem with getting the debug to work. I've enabled the debug options in scormdriver.js file after I've published the file so blnDebug=true and SHOW_DEBUG_ON_LAUNCH=true, and while a window does appear when I launch the file the pop-up window is blank.

I've tested this in SCORM Cloud and in Cornerstone, but it's not working in either system. I also inquired of the problem with SCORM Cloud and they looked at the file and they're seeing that it's making the right calls and should be loading the debug but they're also unsure about why it's not displaying anything. If you look at the code for the pop-up window when it appears it just has an opening and closing head and body tags but nothing else.

I also went back to Captivate version 7 and the debug doesn't work when publishing an HTML5 file in this version either. Any ideas or does anyone know what needs to be fixed?

The solution to getting this to function is making a change in the CPM.js file, which is located the assets/js/ folder after publishing. You have to change the line "quizReportingData:{lWriteDebugInfo:false," to "quizReportingData:{lWriteDebugInfo:true,". (minus the quotation marks).

Changing the lines in the scormdriver.js file aren't necessary, although you'll have to press and hold Shift + ??? when the file loads in order to see the debug window.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Mar 14, 2019 0
Mar 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 19, 2019 0