Highlighted

Decision groups

New Here ,
May 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to get an advanced action to implement a page changing routine, e.g. showing only one page and hiding the rest. My problem is that if I use Decision groups for each conditional statement, if variable Page = 1, the routines all execute and it goes from 1 to 99 in the same click. I only want it to execute 1 condition per click.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Decision groups

New Here ,
May 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to get an advanced action to implement a page changing routine, e.g. showing only one page and hiding the rest. My problem is that if I use Decision groups for each conditional statement, if variable Page = 1, the routines all execute and it goes from 1 to 99 in the same click. I only want it to execute 1 condition per click.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Most Valuable Participant ,
May 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry but that is how decisions in advanced actions work. Maybe you should look for another approach. I don't understand fully what you want to do in a Captivate course? You cannot hide slides at all, or are 'pages' something else? Can you explain?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
May 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to hide the text for page 1 and show the text for page 2. That would mean that I was "on" page 2. When I click the next page button, I want to hide the text for page 2 and show the text for page 3, and so on. If I only had one button to do this job, that button would have to resolve a condition, the page variable is equal to 1, and then execute some actions, including incrementing the page variable. I wouldn't want it to go to page 3 unless the user clicked again.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Lilybiri LATEST
Most Valuable Participant ,
May 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why do you not just put the right text on each slide? I don't understand, unless 'page' is not a slide as I asked before?

Maybe you ignore that you can time text for the rest of the project, and Hide/show as much as you want?

You have to look outside of the box, not with an approach with tons of decisions. Use a shared action, but reflect what exactly you want to do.

As for the slide number, just insert the system variable cpInfoCurrentSlide, which is the slide number.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Resources
Captivate User Guide
New Group