<Object Name="DefaultCaptions" DefaultTemplate="">

<Event Name="ClickBoxSuccess" Template="Correct!"/>

<Event Name="ClickBoxFailure" Template="Try again."/>

<Event Name="ClickBoxHint" Template="Try again."/>

<Event Name="TextEntryBoxSuccess" Template="Correct!"/>

<Event Name="TextEntryBoxFailure" Template="Try again."/>

<Event Name="TextEntryBoxHint" Template="Try again."/>

</Object>

However, when I record a software simulation, the failure text for clickboxes and text entry boxes, gives me the equivalent of the caption prompts. e.g. Click the OK button. or Type 13 in the text box.

I'm not sure if there's a setting I'm missing that would make a difference. I just want every failure caption for clickboxes and TEBs to say "Try again." I've tried recording from a blank project and from a project using a template I created a while ago. Both have the same problem.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 01, 2018 Mar 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of Captivate are you using? If I have the same version, would like to double-check. It has been a while since I used a modified rdl-file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 01, 2018 Mar 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very good point.. sorry I didn't include that info in my original post...

2017 release: 10.0.0.192

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2018 Mar 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using the same version and am having exactly the same problem. I'm disappointed that you haven't had an answer, it is extremely time consuming resizing and removing the text only to replace it with default text. I have spoken to support and they are sending me a link to an older version. Don't buy 2017 until this is resolved or you will waste a lot of time

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2019 Nov 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am using Captivate 2019 (11.0.0.243), and I am facing exactly the same issue. I opened a case with Adobe and I submitted a bug report too, but I haven't heard back yet. Do you happen to know if there has been any fix for this? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 28, 2019 Nov 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Older thread, see it had no answer. Probably because I couldn't double-check, didn't have that version anymore.

You are still using the first release of CP2019. Can you please install the patch to 11.0.1.266 or even to 11.5.1.499?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2019 Nov 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you very much for your advise, I will try to install the patch and test this again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources