Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Delay after "Correct - Click anywhere to continue"

Explorer ,
Jan 30, 2020 Jan 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I noticed there's a slight delay after clicking to continue till the next question shows up. It's small, but the change isn't instantaneous. I noticed learners looking confused as to why the question isn't showing up quick enough after clicking to continue. Any thoughts? Thanks.

TOPICS
Quizzing and LMS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 30, 2020 Jan 30, 2020

You may have a look at my series of blog posts about Quizzes in the eLearning Community.  Tried to explain everything including your issue. 

https://elearning.adobe.com/2019/02/captivates-quizzes-2-submit-process/

https://elearning.adobe.com/2019/04/quiz-tweak-4-submit-process/

Look at the Timeline. Pausing point of the quiz slide is at 1.5secs.  After the second step in the Submit process playhead is released AND the actions you specify for Success/Last Attempt are done. If you left those act

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may have a look at my series of blog posts about Quizzes in the eLearning Community.  Tried to explain everything including your issue. 

https://elearning.adobe.com/2019/02/captivates-quizzes-2-submit-process/

https://elearning.adobe.com/2019/04/quiz-tweak-4-submit-process/

Look at the Timeline. Pausing point of the quiz slide is at 1.5secs.  After the second step in the Submit process playhead is released AND the actions you specify for Success/Last Attempt are done. If you left those actions to the default 'Continue' command, the playhead needs to go through the last 1.5secs = 45 frames of the question slide before reaching the next slide.

Two possibilities=

1. Drag the pausing point near the end of the quiz slide
  2. Change the actions to 'Go to Next Slide'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I like the Change the actions to 'Go to Next Slide'. Works well for bulk changes (multiple questions). For my understanding, your first suggestion would need to be manually done for each question slide?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, but in some situations (low bandwidth or other reasons) it may be better to choose the first solution. Too bad that you cannot change the pausing point with the Timing Properties as is the case for interactive objects. The only way is by manually dragging it on each slide.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

And you also need to remember that if your LMS is not quite up to the task of servicing all users currently interacting with content then you may find server latency will delay the questions advancing from one to the next, regardless of how you set up the Success/Failure actions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources