Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Delay drag 'n drop Submit button

New Here ,
Aug 22, 2018 Aug 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Captivate 2017

I have a drag 'n drop interaction using Object Actions so that wrong answers bounce back. Using this approach ultimately makes the user drag the responses correctly. Here's the rub - the submit button shows up at the beginning of the interaction and will go to the next slide when clicked (at any time). I want the submit button to appear only when all choices have been placed. Please show me how to do this! Thanks

Smiles,

Susann

TOPICS
Quizzing and LMS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use Auto Submit instead of the Submit button.  It will only work if the drag actions were correct.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Where do I find the Auto Submit option?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look in the D&D panel, Actions tab:

DDAutoSubmit.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2018 Aug 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, so that's what that's for. I checked Auto Submit Correct Answers and set it for 3 secs (the length of the slide). When I ran it, I clicked Submit sooner than 3 secs and even if I did not move ANY drag items to the correct drag target, the slide advanced after the indicated 3 secs.

I wanted the Submit button to appear only after all drag items were correctly placed. Can this be done?

My current workaround - cover the Submit button for almost the length of the slide and hope the learners don't notice it has appeared as they are engaged in working through the knowledge check - because the slide continues as soon as Submit is clicked. If learners click Submit before finishing the KC, they won't see the correct answers - which is why I set this D'nD so that wrong answers bounce back in the first place. 

Any suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 23, 2018 Aug 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I didn't tell to take out the Pausing point in the Timing Properties. What do you mean by "et it for 3 secs (the length of the slide""

AutoSubmit makes the Submit button unnecessary. You set up the functionality that a wrong answer is immediately reset by using the Object actions (hope you unchecked Continue Playing the project if you used a simple Object action). That means that the Submit button is not needed, only a correct answer will have the AutoSubmit react, and the Success event will be fired, with its action.

Since you only want a Submit when all is correct: turn on Auto Submit and drag the Submit button off screen. You don't need it. Do not delete the button, it is at the origin of the pausing point being set at 1,5sec.

Maybe you need some training about Drag&Drop?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources