• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Designated text area outside of simulation?

Community Beginner ,
Jul 03, 2019 Jul 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible at all with a template or theme to designate an area for your closed captioning or other caption text that is OUTSIDE of the recording area when you record a software simulation? I know you can have a TOC off to the side that is "outside" of the running simulation, but it doesn't seem like you can set a caption zone. And I KNOW you can record a simulation and then save it as an MP4 or SWF and embed it into a slide that has a designated area, but I'm talking about recording the simulation and when it's done, it's there in Captivate with a side bar or bottom bar that is not covering up the simulation on each slide... Thanks. I'm currently in Captivate 2017 but might upgrade soon.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 03, 2019 Jul 03, 2019

Have a look at this old post:

Create and Use a "Knockout" Master Slide - Captivate blog

Maybe I should update it?

Another possibility should be to   change the size of the recorded slides, and keep the present content without rescaling either to the right or the left slide.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have a look at this old post:

Create and Use a "Knockout" Master Slide - Captivate blog

Maybe I should update it?

Another possibility should be to   change the size of the recorded slides, and keep the present content without rescaling either to the right or the left slide.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 12, 2019 Jul 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much! Yes this works and we'll probably use it in the future, but decided to hold off for now because of some other issues. But this is great to know! Thank you so very much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 12, 2019 Jul 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Fine, that old blog has already helped many users!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with Lilybiri's suggestion of rescaling the project. I would increase the height but keep the width the same and a bottom 10 percent area (or thereabouts) where the closed captioning can go. As Lilybiri said, make sure you keep the content the same size.

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources