• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Desktop to mobile - anyone successful?

New Here ,
Jul 23, 2020 Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone successfully created a mobile version of their desktop for courses? If so, can I see the example? I'm having difficulty getting both of them to work together for a quality look.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please be a bit more specific?  If you are talking about wanting to show your Windows desktop on a mobile phone, there's going to be some obvious problems.  Is that what you are trying to do?

Or are you talking about having a responsive course that can be viewed either on a desktop computer or a mobile device?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - It would be using the built in mobile features within Captivate. So a true transition from desktop to mobile not just responsive rendering. 

Thanks,
Karen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry but I am finding your explanations quite confusing. 

Are you saying you DO NOT want to use Responsive?  (You can of course just publish to HTML5 without creating a responsive project, but content designed to look fine on a desktop would likely be unreadable on a mobile phone.)

What do you mean by 'built in mobile features of Captivate"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 24, 2020 Jul 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same confusion here? Why do you talk about 'responsive rendering'? Captivate has two different workflows for responsive projects:

1. Breakpoint views: where you have full control for a maximum of 5 breakpoints which are 5 different browser resolutions. For devices in between those breakpoints the layou of the highest breakpoint is used.
  2. Fluid Boxes: where all content is stored in containers (fluic box). Both content in a container and the containers themselves can be rearranged by Captivate to fit each browser resolution of the device, whether landscape or portrait. Less control, but quicker workflow.

Have a look at this post which has links to two examples of same topic:

http://blog.lilybiri.com/fluid-boxes-or-breakpoint-views

My suspicion is that you confuse with the result of some other tools which claim to have 'responsive' projects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources