Desperately trying to optimize performance of 360 interactions.

New Here ,
Dec 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a course that starts off with a 360 video with multiple hotspots.  The hotspots allow the learner to access different slides.  The issue I'm having is that on computers with intergrated graphics cards, the computers tend to choke.  Here is what happens:

The users computer accesses the 360 interaction, their GPU kicks in to let's say 50% as the hotspots appear.  They access one of the hotspots...GPU drops a little.  They return to the 360 interaction and their GPU now ramps up to as high as 60%.  They visist another slide and their GPU drops a little again.  They access the 360 interaction and their GPU climbs again beyond 60%.  Depending on the computer, at some point the GPu hits 100% and the CPU starts to throttle causing the course to choke and has to be reloaded in order to stop the computer from choking.

My question, is there a way to offload the system resources of a project without reloading the project entirley?  I tried sneaking in a blank slide but it doenst seem to make a difference.  The only thing that lightens the load for the 360 interaction is getting rid of hotspots alltogether or lowering the captivate project resolution (even if the 360 resolution remains the same) so that the hotspots are not being calculated to the precision of a higher resolution.  This is fine to help things along, however, ultimatley I'd like to figure out a way where the captivate project does not keep ramping up the GPU until it chokes.  Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Have something to add?