Disable fast forward in video slide

Community Beginner ,
Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have created a Captivate training where a video is inserted as one of the slides. We would like to ensure that the learner watches the entire video without fast-forwarding. Is there a way to disable the scroll bar or fast forward when you insert a video? Or is there another way to do this?

I am using Captivate 2019.

Thank you

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,
Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe with JS. An easy solution would be to hide the playbar on this slide (using the On Enter event) and show it on the next slide. Personally I never use a playbar at all. But neither do I like forcing adult learners to 'view', even if they close their eyes or don't really watch.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you need to have fast forward enabled for other parts of the course?  If so, this is a possible solition:

The scroll bar can be disabled by using Rod Ward's cp extra and using the disable playbar scrubbing feature.

for controlling the fast forward or next buttons:

Execute the javascript to hide the buttons you wish on enter:

document.getElementById("Forward").style="display:none";

document.getElementById("FastForward").style="display:none";

Then on exit: 

document.getElementById("Forward").style="display:";

document.getElementById("FastForward").style="display:";

Depending on your controls, they might not alighn perfectly after you hide then show.

Another option is stop using the captivate controls and use your own within all projects.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines