• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Disable Next Button (Smart Shape) Until Slide view is 100%?

Community Beginner ,
Jun 15, 2018 Jun 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI All,

I am not that familiar with variables / advanced actions / conditional actions - I have been trying to get up to speed and have watched many tutorials but i am not sure what I am trying to do is possible -

I have a "Next" button I have created using a Smart Shape. I would like the "Next" button to be viewable, however, I would like it to be "Disabled" until the user completes 100% of viewing the slide - then, I would like this button to be enabled to move onto the next slide.

I am able to hide the next button, and use the timeline to make it appear at the end of the slide - which I made as a "work around" - but just curious if the above can be done.

I am not sure about the process in going about it despite reading the Adobe help, forums, and utube videos.

Anyone have an idea? I am looking for a step-by-step given my unfamiliarity. Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 15, 2018 Jun 15, 2018

Is the Next button the only interactive object on that slide?  Do you want that situation each time when the slide is visited, or can the slide be visited only once? You didn't mention the version you are using, whivh is essentail information, because some commands are recent, and the AA dialog box changed with CP2017.

If the Next button is the only interactive object, and there is no playbar, you have to look how long the Next button has to be disable. I will indicate this as x seconds. Create a

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the Next button the only interactive object on that slide?  Do you want that situation each time when the slide is visited, or can the slide be visited only once? You didn't mention the version you are using, whivh is essentail information, because some commands are recent, and the AA dialog box changed with CP2017.

If the Next button is the only interactive object, and there is no playbar, you have to look how long the Next button has to be disable. I will indicate this as x seconds. Create an advanced (or better a shared action), that you trigger with the On Enter event of the slide:

Disable Bt_Next

Delay Next actions by x secs

Enable Bt_Next

If converted to a shared action, the bolded items have to be parametersl you would only have to enter those parameters for each use.

Personally I don't like to show a Next button to the learner that cannot be clicked, but that is up to you. These blog posts explain how to create a situation where the view of the slide is forced on first visit, but not on later visits:

Force First View (micro-navigation) - Captivate blog

Advanced to Shared Action: Step-By-Step (micro-navigation showcase) - Captivate blog

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Cp2017.

Thanks so much for the reply. I am going to take your advise to not show the button until the slide ends. but thanks for sharing the actions involved!

I had set up a pause, back, and play button as well. i do not have the playbar enabled because when I upload into Captivate prime, the playbar disappears because of the prime play at which allows a user to navigate between modules within a course. So, I had to make my own player controls according to my adobe account rep.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In those blog posts I am using Micro-navigation. The introduction to micro-navigation is in another blog post:

Micro-navigation (introduction) - Captivate blog

You'll find more information on my blog posts about creating buttons. Here is another shared action that can be used for multiple toggle buttons:

1 action = 5 Toggle Buttons - Captivate blog

Since you are in CP2017:

Advanced Actions Dialog box in Captivate 2017 - Captivate blog

And the presentation I used for a webinar about Shared Actions:

Webinar Shared Actions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 07, 2020 Apr 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hallo, I've tried your solution:

Disable Bt_Next

Delay Next actions by x secs

Enable Bt_Next

It works good but if I pause the course, It continue to count seconds so the Bt_Next is enable earlier than the end.
How is it possible?
Why the seconds go even if the slide is in pause (and the playbar too)?
Please help me, thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indeed, the Delay command will not take into account pausing the slide. In that case you'll need another approach. Same for the While loop, will never respect eventual pausings. I didn't program these commands.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your answer. 
I'll find a different solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Easiest way is by using the timeline and start the timeline of the Next button when all objects have appeared and/or the audio is finished. Problem is when you want to allow to revisit the slide, but not having the learner waiting unitl the Next button appears. Have some workarounds for that as well, here is the most recent one:
http://blog.lilybiri.com/force-first-slide-view-micro-navigation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources