Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

disabling any user tracking in SCORM

Explorer ,
May 28, 2020 May 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there,

I'm publishing a project in SCORM 2004 and it's supposed to send no user activity data to the platform regarding their quiz scores/attempts and time they spent in the course. I set:

- Completion Criteria: Quiz is attempted

- Success Criteria disabled

- Interaction Data to report disabled

- Advanced: Never Send Resume Data

- Pass/Fail Options: 0% of total points to pass

And I got a report that the content is still sending “score” and “time-spent” data to the platform.

Is there any setting I'm missing on the course level, or this is rather a platform deployment issue?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why do you use a SCO if you don't want any reporting? Turn off reporting, and upload a normal course. Depending on the LMS you may need to have the course zipped or not. Some LMSs I heard do ot allow to upload simple packages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Lilybiri, you are right, that would be the best solution. They still want to get completion data, though, just not any students' usage statistics. I'm wondering if I can sabotage sending those stats on the SCO level somehow, or maybe it's rather the platform that harvests that data.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What they want whould be possible to set up IN THE LMS. You don't need Captivate for that.

Maybe there is somone around who knows how to hack the SCORM protocol, but I am not able to do so.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources