Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Disabling the raw score

Community Beginner ,
Nov 23, 2019 Nov 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

-Is there a way, to prevent the score from being send to the LMS at all, but to still be able to create a results page? 

I am running into some issues, for which an expert might have the answer for grasps... So far I haven't found it on the forums though and I hope someone knows the answer. 

For a certain project, the final score can only be 0, untill the learner passes the quiz for which he will be granted 100 points. 

The issue however, is that the quiz consists of 4 modules with randomized questions and after each question, a sub-score is send to the LMS (which is not allowed). To make things slightly more complicated, the user needs to answer 7 out of 8 questions correctly to pass and should then also be rewarded with a 100% score.

Is there a way, to prevent the score from being send to the LMS at all? I have found a script that functions to set the score to 100 and the setting 'passed', at the time when I want it (see below). I thought about making a pre-test out of the quiz, but that again doesn't support the randomized questions and it is a lot of effort to build again... 

SCORM_SetScore(100,100,0);
SCORM_SetPassed();

Thanks in advance! 

TOPICS
Advanced , Advanced actions , Quizzing and LMS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 24, 2019 Nov 24, 2019

Die template stuur het eindresultaat door, niet na elke vraag. Uiteraard, indien de quiz gestopt wordt, zal het resultaat worden doorgestuurd.

Je kan even spelen met het voorbeeldproject dat ik maakte. Vragen zelf zijn in het Nederlands, rest is Engels. Nu moet ik de blog uitschrijven:

http://www.lilybiri.com/published/DisableRawScore/index.html

I just published the blog:

http://blog.lilybiri.com/quiz-replace-score-by-100-percent-or-0-percent

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have an idea how to do this, indeed. But want to test it out. If it is indeed functioning as I expect, will write a blog. Why not here? Will not expand on that, but had bad experiences in the past with 'clever' solutions posted here.

Neither KC nor Pretest slides can be randomized. There is more impossible with random slides as I wrote here:

http://blog.lilybiri.com/random-questions-dos-and-donts

BTW preventing that data are sent after each quiz slide is easy: choose another SCORM Template.

Question: hope this is not a Fluid Boxes project, but a non-responsive project?

BTW Dutch speaking? I am Flemish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lilybiri, thanks for your reply. I have read a few of your blogs already and found them very helpful, thanks for those! I am Dutch indeed, for the convenience of the forum I'll continue in english but we can always switch to Dutch if that's easier :). 

What exactly do you mean with the SCORM template - do you mean the export? We unforunately have to stick with 1.2 and aren't allowed to use 2004 (tech. platform issues). I unfortunately have to finish a project that I didn't start and I don't have too much experience with Captivate, therefore I don't know any other template types. To answer your other question: yes it is a non-responsive project.

Thank you for your engagement so far and you can also write me a private message when you have an update, which you don't want to type here first. I can imagine it will take a bit longer to write a blog post. 

Just for your interest - the reason we need to build these standards, is because of organizational 'requirements', which I assume will become more important in the future. Technically, no one should be allowed to see with which score you have passed (private information on which someone can be 'labelled' as a high or low performer in a company), just that you passed. This is becoming more and more important inside of companies and your blogpost on how to make that work in a technical way would be helpful for that. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Er is geen enkele reden om Nederlands niet te gebruiken. Dit forum is bedoeld als hulp voor alle Captivate gebruikers.  Franstaligen hebben minder problemen om vragen in het Frans te stellen, en ik beantwoord die dan ook in hun taal. Er is een vertaalfunctie in het forum, al leidt die vaak tot rare zinnen.  Als Vlaming ben ik fier op mijn taal. Dit is geen eentalig forum...

Als je rapporteren opzet in Quiz, Preferences, wordt de 'default template' gebruikt. Maar als je de afrollijst naast Template opent kan je ook kiezen voor 'SetTrackingDataAtEnd'. Zie:

SCORMEnd.PNG

Je hebt het over de fameuze GDPR waar US companies hun voeten aan vagen, weet er alles van (zie mijn website, niet de blogsite).

Zodra de blog ergens gepubliceerd is zal ik de link hier posten.  Zal niet zo'n populaire blog zijn, vermits de meerderheid van mijn fans niet Europees zijn. Mijn verontschuldigingen voor het feit dat ik enkel in het Engels blog... mijn website is drietalig: Nederlands, Frans en Engels. Die talen waarin ik ook consultancy en training aanbied.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 24, 2019 Nov 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bedankt voor de tip! Ik heb daarmee wat getest en helaas lost het het probleem niet op, want wanneer de gebruiker de quiz halverwege verlaat, wordt alsnog de tussenstand doorgestuurd naar het LMS. Hierdoor kan de gebruiker alsnog een stand van 20 punten krijgen, wat helaas niet mag. Ik ben heel nieuwsgierig naar de blog en voor mij is het geen probleem dat hij in het engels zal zijn :). 

Wanneer het natuurlijk mogelijk zou zijn, dat de WBT de score pas doorstuurd nadat de gebruiker de quiz heeft gehaald, kan ik op dat moment een trigger inbouwen die de stand op 100 zet. Daarmee zouden we geloof ik een oplossing hebben. Maar wellicht heb je al een beter idee en zie ik die in je blog. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 24, 2019 Nov 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Die template stuur het eindresultaat door, niet na elke vraag. Uiteraard, indien de quiz gestopt wordt, zal het resultaat worden doorgestuurd.

Je kan even spelen met het voorbeeldproject dat ik maakte. Vragen zelf zijn in het Nederlands, rest is Engels. Nu moet ik de blog uitschrijven:

http://www.lilybiri.com/published/DisableRawScore/index.html

I just published the blog:

http://blog.lilybiri.com/quiz-replace-score-by-100-percent-or-0-percent

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 29, 2019 Nov 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Lilybiri,

sorry voor de late reactie, afgelopen week was ontzettend druk. Ontzettend bedankt voor de blog! het zier er erg goed uit en ik verwacht dat dit inderdaad het probleem zal oplossen. Ik weet niet of ik er komende week aan toe kom of die week erna, maar ga het zeker proberen :). Fijn weekend! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources