• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Display slide notes in published project in addition to toggled captions

New Here ,
Sep 22, 2020 Sep 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My client wants learners to be able to view the slide notes along with the TOC in the published course - SEPARATE from and IN ADDITION TO the closed captions, which are synced to the audio and toggle on and off with the CC button. I'm attaching an example that was done in Articulate. The TOC and Notes are tabbed so the learner can select either one. How do I do this in Captivate? 

TOPICS
Advanced

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 22, 2020 Sep 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The Captivate default TOC does not offer this functionality.  You would need to build a custom TOC that allocates a specific part of your stage area (e.g. 300 pixels on the left side) for this purpose.  

However, this is a lot of work to achieve for very little extra benefit when the closed captioning is really showing exactly what the voiceover is saying anyway.

If your client insists, and they're willing to pay for your time to do it, then fine.  But if they really just want it to look like Storyline, why not just tell them to buy you a license of Storyline and build the course in that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources