• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Displaying completed drag and drop

Explorer ,
Nov 18, 2018 Nov 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to create a drag and drop interaction where learners view “cards” (drag sources) and sort them into various groups (drop targets), “Good”, “Neutral” and “Bad”. There are no right or wrong answers.

This eLearning module would be hosted on the client’s LMS.

Once the interaction is submitted I would like the learner to be able to visit an adviser (in person) and show them how they have sorted the cards (ideally I imagine the learner pulling their phone out and showing the adviser). So my challenge is, how can I first save, then display the learner’s sorted cards (doesn’t need to be visual, could be text)? I want to avoid anything remotely technical for the adviser (that’s why the client pulling out their phone and navigating to the module where the sorted cards are displayed would be the easiest solution).

Any ideas would be appreciated! Thank you in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 19, 2018 Nov 19, 2018

Can you please tell which version you are using? Complete verison number please. You talk about a phone; are you creating a responsive proejct, and if yes, which workflow: Fluid Boxes or Breakpoint Views?

Each drag action in D&D can trigger an Object actions which could be used to store the resul in user variables.  You can then retrieve those results in another slides. Are you comfortable with Advanced/Shared actions and/or JS?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 19, 2018 Nov 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please tell which version you are using? Complete verison number please. You talk about a phone; are you creating a responsive proejct, and if yes, which workflow: Fluid Boxes or Breakpoint Views?

Each drag action in D&D can trigger an Object actions which could be used to store the resul in user variables.  You can then retrieve those results in another slides. Are you comfortable with Advanced/Shared actions and/or JS?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lilybiri

Thank you for your response - it helped a great deal.

Version: 2017 Release 10.0.1.285

I am using Fluid Boxes

Based on what you suggested I used Object actions to assign a literal value (e.g. “Good”, “Neutral” and “Bad”) to variables (e.g. Card1, Card2, Card3).

I would now like to display the results in a text list as follows but I am now not sure how. Any advice gratefully received!

Thank you again for your help.

Good

Card3

Card5

Neutral

Card2

Card1

Bad

Card4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To be clear, it is in the next slide that I want the text list displayed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 13, 2019 Mar 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lilybiri​ I understand how to use Object Actions to store a variable, based on which category a user has placed an item into. What I don't understand is how to display the variables sorted in the categories that they have been dropped into (example below). I am happy to investigate Javascript if that would help. I would be very grateful for your help. Thank you.

Good

Card3

Card5

Neutral

Card2

Card1

Bad

Card4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will answer later, I am on the AEC in DC, pretty busy. Have some patience, please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course, thank you very much indeed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 19, 2019 Mar 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lilybiri​. I have been trying out lots of possble solutions, but it seems to be impossible.

Some things I should tell you:

• I have 39 drag sources
  • I have 6 drop targets. There are no "right" answers - all drag sources wil be accepted in all drop targets if there is room.
  • One of the drop targets accepts a total of 1 drag source. Three of the drop targets accept a total of up to 15 drag sources. Two of the drop targets accept a total of up to 6 drag sources.
  • The drag sources can be dragged to other drop targets.

My "best" idea was:

Slide 1 (Drag and drop)

Object Actions (using shared actions) on the drop targets for each of the drag sources checked the state of each of the multi state objects on slide 2 and then - only if the multistate object is blank  - it would change the multistate objectto the appropriate state.

Slide 2 (List):

57 Multistate objects each with 39 states

The problem with this is that if the drag source is redragged it leaves a blank multistate object.

I am completely stumped! If you can suggest a solution I would be extremely grateful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Slide 2 sounds complex with all of those states for so many objects. It would be helpful if you could provide a screenshot of your actions and layouts. My first impression without seeing your setup is that it might be easier to have only 6 states per object on slide 2 if the purpose is to list which sources have ended up on which targets. I'm also intrigued with the checking of states on slide 2 before allowing a change of state. This ordinarily requires JS to get the current state - is this how you're doing it?

If sources are re-draggable and slide 2 has just one object per source instead of 57 objects, I wouldn't think checking a slide 2 state should be necessary. Again, I'm only guessing at your intent.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am back home, but have been sick for a while. Now I will try to get back to your question. I was not aware of the amount of d&d sources at all, which makes it of course much more complicated. You want to display the result in any way? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 04, 2019 Feb 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Lilybiri, and all,

I have a similar issue.

I have created a drag and drop game with several slides, where all answers are more or less correct.

The selections should inspire the students and create the basis for a discussion.

I am using Captivate 2019 (11.0.0.243)

I want the answers to save after the fourth try but everytime one gets to the last slide or reopens the scorm paket on the LMS it resets so students have to start over again.

Also I would like to give them the option to print a pdf or something.

Do you have any suggestions or other related posts?

I am not sure on how to connect the actions with the advanced actions or variables...

Thank you for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 04, 2019 Feb 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please update to the most recent version which is 11.0.1.266!

If you had no training about advanced/shared actions and variable it will be tough. I have posted several blogs about use cases, also with drag&drop. However, if you are not used to actions/variables it may be over your head.

You launch a print command (JS) but the setup (to pdf) of the printer will have to be done by the learner. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 25, 2019 Mar 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

dan56​ and Lilybiri​ thank you both for your replies and apologies for not getting back to you sooner. Lilybiri, I hope you are feeling better now.

After a lot of thought and research I have decided to abandon that approach to what I was trying to build. The complexity was way too high and the resulting SCORM outpuit was behaving in some odd ways.

So, no further help needed. Thank you both very much for your help though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources