• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Displaying 'Correct' and 'incorrect' answers in quiz review mode.

Community Beginner ,
Dec 05, 2019 Dec 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I'm creating a quiz in Captivate 2019, I'm using the 'Submit All' function so learners submit all answers on completeion of the quiz and can then review the quiz. The first issue I had was that when reviewing, Captivate displays tick and cross icons indicating the answers given and also which are the correct and incorrect answers and I did not want learners to see that information. I got around this by blanking out the icons so now all that is displayed is the answers they gave and no indication whether they answered correctly or incorrctly.

However what I would like learners to see is just if the questions was answered correctly or incorrectly but not what the correct answers are.  I use some 'Fill in the blank' and 'Hotspot' questions where there is more than one correct answer.

Is there any way to set something like this up (maybe by using advanced actions) just to display eather a tick for correct or a cross incorrect or even text stating 'Correct' or 'Incorrect'?

TOPICS
Quizzing and LMS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 06, 2019 Dec 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would replace the HTML images in the installation folder, which are the checkmarks, by empty images.

Alternative is a custom review slide, but lot of work especially if you talk about lot of questions. Almost impossible for random questions as well:

http://blog.lilybiri.com/custom-review

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Lilybiri, thank you for replying. I have replaced the HTML images with empty images. but when learners review, they only see the answers they have given. What I really wanted them to see is the answers they have given and if they have answered a question correcttly or incorrecty, If they have answered incorrectly, I don't want them to know the correct answers as they will be attempting the quiz again if they have not passed.  I can get this type of reporting from our LMS wich looks like the image below.

LMS.JPG

However this only come up on my screen. is there anyway to get something like this directly from Captivate that the learners could see on their screen?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you look at that blog post?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, though all of my quiz questions are 'fill in the blanks' or hotspots' and I am also using the 'submit all' function. Could the method described in the blog post work like that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 07, 2019 Dec 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I never use default quiz slides of that type, always create custom quiz slides.  Don't think my approach will be possible with the default ones...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 07, 2019 Dec 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OK, I'll maybe try creating some custom slides. Thank you for replying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources