• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Does Captivate support this glossary functionality?

May 31, 2019 May 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone. I am trying to incorporate a glossary into a series of Captivate courses that I am developing. Here is the functionality I am hoping to achieve in Captivate 2019, but I need a reality check as to whether this is feasible. Any help would be appreciated.

Desired End User Functionality:

- As the user proceeds through the course, glossary terms are highlighted

- The user can click on highlighted terms to see the definition in an unobtrusive manner, such as a simply pop-up

Desired Characteristics of Whatever Approach We Take:

- The glossary terms would exist in a centralized form, such that updating the glossary content across multiple Captivate courses could be done by updating one file (as opposed to having to update separate glossaries for each course.

Based on these factors, my thinking is that we should instead link to an external glossary file (either a PDF or an HTML page), but I don't want to give up on the user being able to click words to see definitions without asking here first.

Is this possible? Thanks in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 31, 2019 May 31, 2019

Not really practical with default Captivate functionality (variables and Advanced Actions or rollover objects etc).  You could achieve something like this using JavaScript but you would need good programming skills or access to someone that has them and budget to pay him or her for them.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 31, 2019 May 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not really practical with default Captivate functionality (variables and Advanced Actions or rollover objects etc).  You could achieve something like this using JavaScript but you would need good programming skills or access to someone that has them and budget to pay him or her for them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jun 01, 2019 Jun 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for the helpful answer!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources