Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Don't Replay Slide on Re-Entry

New Here ,
Aug 29, 2018 Aug 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I have created an E-learning course using Captivate (2017), and I let my learners jump through the course using the table of contents.

Now, if they haven't viewed the slide yet, I want them to listen to the whole thing, but is the slide has already been viewed, I don't want the audio to play again when they revisit it. I want the slide to basically show the "end" view, all objects visible.

Is there a straightforward way to accomplish this?

Alternatively, is there a way to have a playbar that lets them navigate just through a specific slide, instead of the entire project?

Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have posted a blogpost where I am doing this with micro navigation,

either with an advanced action:

http://blog.lilybiri.com/play-audio-once-on-first-visit

Or with a shared action:

http://blog.lilybiri.com/advanced-to-shared-action-step-by-step-micro-navigation-showcase

You can watch the output in a published movie (Rescalable HTML):

First View/Audio

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know what Lilybiri's solution is, however, I saw a great video from the famous eLearning Joe on this idea here: Captivate 2017-03-01 - Question 1: How to Stop Slide Audio from Repeating - YouTube

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In this case a simple soltution of a conditional action and the Play Audio command will not be sufficient - have published that one as well. in the movie mentioned in my first answer. OP wants it combined with setting the slide in it's final state. Only solution IMOis the micronavigation which I explained extensively in several blog posts

and interactive Captivate movies. It also has the advantage that CC can beused and skipped as well

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources