Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Downloads tab in Assets panel freezes - Can't add assets

New Here ,
Nov 20, 2019 Nov 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm using Captivate 11.5.1.499 on a Windows 10 machine. I have been in contact with Adobe about resolving an issue with the downloads tab in the assets panel. I'm trying to add downloaded characters to my slides but I'm unable to do so because the downloads tab freezes and doesn't show any of my downloaded assets. I can download the character files without a problem, I just can't add them. Here's a screenshot.

Screenshot of Downloads TabScreenshot of Downloads Tab

Here's what's been tried so far:

• leaving the tab open for an hour to see if it would eventually load assets
  • uninstalling and reinstalling Captivate
  • reinstalling a previous version of Captivate - I was able to download and add characters, however I could not open my new Captivate files in the old version of Captivate 
  • I followed the steps outlined in this post: https://community.adobe.com/t5/captivate/unable-to-download-characters-how-do-i-solve-this-issue/td-...
  • asked IT to do a thorough review of firewall settings - everything is fine
  • I tried adding the characters as images - this didn't work

I was wondering if anyone has any ideas about resolving this issue or an alternative way to add downloaded characters?

Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
Download assets

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A stupid workaround, which sometimes works for me. Close the Assets panel, and open it again. The Downloads section (did you select Characters) now shows the downloaded characters. I explained here where you can find them, but it is not always possible to import the files to the Library:

http://blog.lilybiri.com/4-tips-assets-panel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply. I've also tried closing and re-opening the assets panel as well as closing and restarting Captivate and it hasn't worked for me. I have selected characters and it still remains frozen. I have been able to find the downloaded character files in my folders. I just can't add them to my slides.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use the Illustrated characters a lot, and you can download an overview in AI for each of them. I use that AI file to create SVGs (you can also create bitmap) and those can be used like normal SVGs:

http://blog.lilybiri.com/characters-in-svg-format

Something must be preventing it due to the firewall, but you have already been trying  that. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Unfortunately I'm interested in the photo characters. I did test an older version of Captivate and had no problems downloading and adding characters. It's just the newer version that I'm having problems with. My IT department compared my firewall settings with the settings provided by Adobe and my settings were fine. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources