• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

'Dpi Awareness = 1' ........ Did and then app crashes when choosing Video Demo.

Community Expert ,
Dec 17, 2019 Dec 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I the answer on how to change the Dpi Awareness. 

Using Notepad as an Administrator you can easily do this.  Fine... got it done.

However, this causes Captivate to open up very tiny.  Ok whatever... I can squint. Granted that is not optimal.

After it opens, I click 'Video Demo' and the app crashes.

I am using the first generation of Wacom MobileStudio Pro and running Windows 10.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

For safety.  I changed the 'Dpi Awareness' back to 0.  This way I can start the process all over or see if anyone has a better solution.  So I am back at square one and ready to try something else.

TOPICS
Advanced

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This usually happens when on an HD or uHD/Retina monitor. What I usually do when recording is disconnect any external monitors (to prevent dialog boxes from appearing on them) and change my resolution on the monitor (usually 1280x720). After recording, I put everything back. 

Also, check to see if your video drivers are up-to-date. Don't trust the OS update--go to the video card website and look up  your card model.

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Isn't it annoying to have to change your display preferences every time?

I also tried setting the screen to your suggestion.  The app still crashes.

My drivers are up to date.  I had to get special ones for Premiere and OBS to work. So they should be fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Changing the display settings is easy. Hooking and unhooking monitors can be a pain depending on your setup. 

I'm suspecting the Wacom drivers--I had a similar crashing problem with outdated NVIDIA drivers. Turns out the drivers were corrupt; I had to uninstall and reinstall them. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 07, 2020 Feb 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I finally spoke a person from Adobe Captivate's technical solutions team.  The outcome is that Adobe Captivate has not been tested for the Wacom MobileStudio Pro or Microsoft Surface.

She forwarded the information to the development team.  Alas, since these devices have been out for quite some time, I do not see them actually doing the tests for these devices.  😞 😞 😞  But maybe they will surprise me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I keep an older desktop PC only for recording, one HD screen, not a retina screen. 

Alternative: lower the resolution of the screen, and set the display percentage to 100%. It is necessary that you have one px/px.  I don't have an external monitor connected, my laptop and Surface Pro both have a retina screen, and that is the workflow I use to make it possible to record on them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue is I am running a Wacom MobileStudio Pro.  So... I draw directly on the screen.  In fact, most of the time I avoid the mouse and use my stylus. 

Right now there is no external monitor hooked up to this device.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That device is a uHD monitor (Retina is Apple's name for uHD monitors). Lower the resolution to a non-HD recording size. Check your Display Resolution, but it should default (and lock) to 100% when at smaller sizes. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 07, 2020 Feb 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I finally spoke a person from Adobe Captivate's technical solutions team.  The outcome is that Adobe Captivate has not been tested for the Wacom MobileStudio Pro or Microsoft Surface.

She forwarded the information to the development team.  Alas, since these devices have been out for quite some time, I do not see them actually doing the tests for these devices. 

But maybe they will surprise me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources