• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

DpiAwareness = 1' in AdobeCaptivate.ini

New Here ,
Oct 16, 2015 Oct 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

download the adobe captivate 9, never use it before, following youtube  and got the error message"

Capture is disallowed since high density display was detected. please set " DpiAwareness = 1"  in Adobe captive.ini and restart the application.

how to change it? thanks

TOPICS
Editing , Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

New Here , Oct 18, 2015 Oct 18, 2015

I think I figured it out.  You can find the AdobeCaptivate.ini file here C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Captivate 9 x64.  To edit the file go to Notepad and right click and choose Run as Administrator.  Change the dpi awareness = to 1 instead of 0 and save. Reopen Adobe Captivate.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Apr 18, 2016 Apr 18, 2016

Are you using a retina screen? What is the font size set to: 175%, 250%?

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2015 Oct 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

its' about Adobe Captivate 9, and using Video Demo.

i'm using Windows 10 OS,  thanks .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 17, 2015 Oct 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue.  On Windows 10 also. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2015 Oct 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I figured it out.  You can find the AdobeCaptivate.ini file here C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Captivate 9 x64.  To edit the file go to Notepad and right click and choose Run as Administrator.  Change the dpi awareness = to 1 instead of 0 and save. Reopen Adobe Captivate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2015 Dec 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, this fixed it!  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2016 Apr 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it makes my screen font size very small. anything to fix this? thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 18, 2016 Apr 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using a retina screen? What is the font size set to: 175%, 250%?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2016 Apr 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are spot on. Its not a retina display. But the font size is at 200%. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 22, 2016 May 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This isn't working on my Trial of Captivate 9. Does this trick work only on a licensed (purchased) version? TIA!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Additional info: I did go to notepad as instructed and right-clicked, however the option to change it to Administrator was not listed and thus why I asked if the Trial version does not allow this change to the .ini file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Should work on Trial, which is fully functional. Can you explain what is not working? You need that change  in the file only for capturing applications on a retina screen. To use Captivate itself it has to be reset to 0.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to perform a simulation capture using the trial version of Captivate 9 for Eclipse / SAP HANA. When I click on New, Software Simulation I get this error msg. . This happens regardless if I've already created a PPT project and am working within it, or creating a New simulation. When I open notepad to change the DpiAwareness it does not allow me any administrator rights (or ability to change it thus). I do have a retina screen though, do I need to change it from 1920x1080? it's currently set at 125%. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Find the file AdobeCaptivate.ini in the installation folder, and make a copy elsewhere.

Open it in Notepad and change the line 'DpiAwareness = 1' instead of 0.

Save that file. Rename the original file (do not delete it, you'll need it again to use Captivate for editing after the Capture) to AdobeCaptivate_O.ini. Put the changed file in the installation folder. Now you can launch the Captivate software simulation process.

You need administrator rights to do this. Nothing is linked to using a trial or a licensed version at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. The main issue is that for whatever reason I do not have administrator rights.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

I'm unsure if you are on a Mac or a PC. But you will likely need to save the file elsewhere and copy it after you change it.

See if the video linked below helps with that.

Click here to view

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rick, she needs administration rights to change. That is the problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 08, 2016 Oct 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was perfect! Thank you! Now the text on my screen is TINY! Any suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 08, 2016 Oct 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is the reason why the OS always will choose a higher percentage. I'm using 200% on a retina screen but that means you have to change the AdobeCaptivate.ini file when you want to capture the screen as described in this thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2016 Nov 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this, this is what worked for me to make my screen text revert back to normal after changing the DPI setting to 1:

1. Right click on your Captivate icon and go to "properties."

2. Click on "Compatibility"

3. I did two things here- changed "Compatibility" to Windows 7 and checked "Disable display scaling on high DPI settings."  You probably really only need to do the checkbox.

Hope this works for you!

2016-11-03_12-10-28.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 31, 2016 Dec 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

close Captivate 9

open

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Captivate 9 x64

AdobeCaptivate.ini open in notepad

DpiAwareness = 0 change to DpiAwareness = 1

save it

Open App start recording

that app will closed

restart or open app 100% work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2019 Jul 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. When I make this change, it won't let me save the file. Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 21, 2019 Jul 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need administrator rights. Do not edit the original fille - you will need it later on. Make a coy to an other location, edit the copy, rename the original file and put the edited one in place.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 19, 2019 Dec 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For Windows 10 (10.0.18362.535) and Captivate 2019, choose the following:

1) Locate the application icon and right click on it

2) I kept getting DpiAwareness = 0 errors when I didn't change the compatability to Windows 7. Even though I confirmed that they entry saved properly in the AdobeCaptivate.ini file. So keep choosing Windows 7. Windows 8 compatibility gave me a critical error.

3) Select "Change high DPI settings" box

4) Select "High DPI scaling override" and check "Override high DPI scaling behavior. Scaling performed by: "System"

It's sad and unfortunate that this is occuring in a licensed 2019 version

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 01, 2020 Aug 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That fixed it for me using 2019. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cannot help you with that, there should be an administrator account.

On May 22, 2016 6:20 PM, "katrinam73246688" <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources