• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

DpiAwareness = 1

New Here ,
Apr 28, 2020 Apr 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've posted before but have yet to get a solution sadly. After downloading recent updates my DpiAwareness parameter was updated to 1 by my support team. However, when I try to create a Software Simulation I get the error that DpiAwareness must = 1. Can anyone help? Picture attached showing that the parameter is set to 1.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 29, 2020 Apr 29, 2020

Your file name is miss-spelled.  It should be: AdobeCaptivate.ini not adobe.Captivate.ini

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 28, 2020 Apr 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This value is set in an INI file located inside the Captivate install directory.  However, the value gets cached inside each CPTX when it gets first created.  So if your CPTX was created when the INI file had a different value, that's the value the CPTX will continue to use.  (Don't ask me why this is the case.  Ask Adobe.)

So, my question would be:  Are you perhaps trying to add a software sim to an existing CPTX?  If so, try creating a new blank CPTX file and try adding the software sim to that (or better yet just do File > New Software Simulation).  Do you still see the error message then?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2020 Apr 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply Rod. Unfortunately I am getting the error messages however I try to start a Software Simulation. I have tried from the initial screen when I start Captivate, selected File > Record a New > Software Simulation and with an existing recording open I've selected Slides > Software Simulation.

Any other suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK.  Then I cannot see how the INI file can be in the right place if the setting is not working.

I don't get anything when I try to view your PNG file.  Is there any reason why you cannot add it to a post here using the small image icon on the toolbar so that it would be viewable?  If this is a screen shot of your INI file code, where is the INI file actually located?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does this picture work?

DpiAwareness V2.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your file name is miss-spelled.  It should be: AdobeCaptivate.ini not adobe.Captivate.ini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for noticing this Rod, I'll try and get my support group to update this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2020 Apr 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Rod, the file name was updated and I can now create software simulations again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources