Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Drag & Drop slide not included in quiz slide count

Explorer ,
Jan 16, 2020 Jan 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

G'day,

I have 10 quiz slides and one of them is a Drag and Drop slide.

Is there a way to get the project to see the D&D slide as a quiz slide so that the automated "Question X of Y" in the top left of the slides correctly shows being out of 10 and not 9? And, will it throw out my score calcs if the D&D slide isn't recognised?

Thanks!

Brett

TOPICS
Quizzing and LMS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 16, 2020 Jan 16, 2020

If you set up the D&D slide as a scored slide, it will be included in most quizzing system variables. However for the Progress indicator, you'll need to create a custom one. I have a very old blog post (needs refurbishing) about that. But maybe this post where I include a detailed table about all quizzing system variables can already help:

http://blog.lilybiri.com/using-quizzing-system-variables

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you set up the D&D slide as a scored slide, it will be included in most quizzing system variables. However for the Progress indicator, you'll need to create a custom one. I have a very old blog post (needs refurbishing) about that. But maybe this post where I include a detailed table about all quizzing system variables can already help:

http://blog.lilybiri.com/using-quizzing-system-variables

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Lilibiri,

Luckily, I don't have a progress indicator with this project but I did find out that while you're in edit view, the slides show "Question 1 of 9" etc. (which is why I created this post) but when you preview the project it changes to "Question 1 of 10" etc. The scoring seems to be fine also. I'd almost \call it a UI glitch but there's sooooo many of these weird little idiosyncrasies with Captivate, you'd be there all day submitting bugs.

I'll keep your excellent resource on tap for when I do this again and am using a progress indicator - among other fine tid-bits!

Thanks!!!

Brett

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources