Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Drag&Drop Snap Options

Explorer ,
Feb 01, 2020 Feb 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

My question is about drag&drop properties. I saw on some youtube tutorials that, Drag&Drop interactions have Snap Behaviour and Object Action sections. I couldn't find it in the latest version of captivate? Did they remove it?

Annotation 2020-02-01 140321.png

Thank you 

TOPICS
Advanced , Advanced actions , Getting started , Quizzing and LMS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Feb 01, 2020 Feb 01, 2020

That is usual the problem with YouTube videos... not complete, or sometimes even giving wrong information.

Both object actions and snap behavior will appear only when a Drop Target is selected, in the Format tab. That has ALWAYS been the case since Drag&Drop was added to Captivate. What has changed in the most recent version is one fix of a bug in wording: the Failure action, which is in reality a Last Attempt action (still wrongly worded) will now disappear when Infinite Attempts are selected

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Feb 01, 2020 Feb 01, 2020

A Drag&Drop slide set up as Knowledge Check slide is automatically reset when you revisit the slide. Your problem is that you did use custom feedback (instead of tweaking the defaut feedback). As usual since you do use Hide/Show (which is IMO an OLD workflow) instead of using multistate objects, you need to use the On Enter event to hide everything again.

Advanced Interaction is a panel, please do not confuse with Advanced actions.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is usual the problem with YouTube videos... not complete, or sometimes even giving wrong information.

Both object actions and snap behavior will appear only when a Drop Target is selected, in the Format tab. That has ALWAYS been the case since Drag&Drop was added to Captivate. What has changed in the most recent version is one fix of a bug in wording: the Failure action, which is in reality a Last Attempt action (still wrongly worded) will now disappear when Infinite Attempts are selected, since that event doesn't even exist in that case.

You can find a lot more tips about D&D in my blog. What I just told about Object actions and Snapping was described in the first post I ever wrote about it (2014):

http://blog.lilybiri.com/drag-and-drop-tips

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are a legend!  Thank you very much for your help and your contirubtions on Captivate ecosystem. Otherwise, people will stop using this authoring tool 🙂

Anyway, I have just another questions: Can we reset the drag&drop slide(not included in quiz) when the user revist the sldie again. After user click on the submit button, I display Correct Feedback or Incorrect Feedback by showing groups. (I don't use the success/failure textboxes, instead I show my custom objects for feedback). Anyway, when I go back to D&D slide, My feedback is visible etc. I can't use infinite attempts since I want the user to be able submit once. 

Maybe I should utilize some Advanced Interaction for the on enter event of the D&D slide, but couldn't do it? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A Drag&Drop slide set up as Knowledge Check slide is automatically reset when you revisit the slide. Your problem is that you did use custom feedback (instead of tweaking the defaut feedback). As usual since you do use Hide/Show (which is IMO an OLD workflow) instead of using multistate objects, you need to use the On Enter event to hide everything again.

Advanced Interaction is a panel, please do not confuse with Advanced actions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you!! It worked 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources