• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Drag an object and have it scrub the timeline

New Here ,
Feb 06, 2020 Feb 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to use an object to act as the timeline scrubber? I'd like the user to be able to drag an object across the stage as it scrubs through the related actions on the timeline. Sort of like scrubbing an object in Animate. I know a drag and drop object can be moved anywhere on the screen, forward or back, but I don't have any idea how to connect it to the timeline scrubber. Anyone? 

TOPICS
Advanced

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you explain? I don't understand what you want. Although I have created a slide timeline before, which could be used to scrub, how will that trigger actions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Captivate doesn't provide any way to customise the default playbar components to the extend that you would be able to substitute another image instead of the scrubber handle.  (That would also be a nice enhancement.)

Unfortunately Captivate's drag and drop interaction does not allow you to configure the drag objects to the extent that you could restrict its movement to one axis only.  (Another nice enhancement gone begging.)  Back in the SWF days there were a couple of widgets that did allow you to create sliders and rotating dials, but they are not compatible with HTML5.  So that option is out as well.

The only way I know of (with current Captivate technology) to achieve your objective would be to do it with JavaScript  But it would take a good programmer to pull off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources