• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Drag and drop continues automatically

New Here ,
Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This option does not exist in CP7, does anybody know how to stop it moving forward in the timeline as soon as i've dragged the first box in a drag and drop quiz for CP7?

DonnieDarko_831_1-1607428297189.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you showing an Object Action? If yes, and that option 'Continue...' is not checked, the play head will remain paused at 1.5secs, which is the automatic pausing point inserted in each D&D slide, but saddeningly, not visible in the Timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is my advanced interaction.

DonnieDarko_831_0-1607429557597.png

I have 12 drag objects and 12 drop targets where the correct order will excute an advanced action, partial correct another advanced action and total correct, another. The advanced actions are popup boxes and a submit button but when i test ir, i move one box and it just contimues to the end

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You didn't answer my question... I cannot do anything with the Advanced Interaction panel. The Object actions are not visible in that panel as I wrote:

http://blog.lilybiri.com/advanced-interaction-panel-q-and-a

You cannot take out the generic Submit button, because - similar to Quiz slides - it has lot of embedded functionality. You can activate Auto Submit and drag Submit in the scratch area.

Can I please see the Object actions AND the Success or Last Attempt (wrongly labeled as Failure) actions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for responding. Which object actions are you wanting to see? the standard 'Submit' button still exists, I haven't yet moved it to the scratch area as i'm still creating and testing it. 

I've opened up the progress bar again to see at what point it continues playing and it does so whenever i click anywhere on the page.

Here is the DND action setting if that is what what you're asking for.

DonnieDarko_831_0-1607430772768.png

thanks again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have set both Succes and Last Attempt to 'No action'.

Where are the Object actions, where are the Advanced actions you speak about? 

What is visible on the Timeline? You added a button, but where its pausing point, and which actions are triggered? In what you show up till now, I only saw part of a dialog box, which I presume is part of an Object action. 

Or maybe just tell what you want to do with that D&D slide, because every question I ask seems not to be understood. Is the problem with English? I don't think so, since you are using an English version of Captivate. 

Maybe this blog can clarify some D&D terminoloyg:

http://blog.lilybiri.com/drag-and-drop-actions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here are the advanced actions

DonnieDarko_831_0-1607431917177.pngDonnieDarko_831_1-1607431940925.pngDonnieDarko_831_2-1607431991634.png

I only added the key script actions so far.

Here is the drag and drop and the added submit actions on the right panel

DonnieDarko_831_3-1607432430832.png

The objective is to drag each box from the blue area to the space in the appropriate red and when done, press submit. I want it scorable, preferrably for 1 point for each correctly placed box but that not vital, just as long as it reports it's score.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here are the rest of the actions for the Submit_Multiscore button

DonnieDarko_831_0-1607432751529.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same for the exit button

DonnieDarko_831_0-1607432802961.pngDonnieDarko_831_1-1607432844392.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the timeline

DonnieDarko_831_0-1607432920871.png

Apologies, a lot of posts which is why I asked which object actions you wanted

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here are the accepted drag sources

DonnieDarko_831_0-1607433367623.png

the correct one is set like this

DonnieDarko_831_1-1607433412586.png

and all the others like this

DonnieDarko_831_2-1607433439543.png

Every drop target is configured in the same way

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

all the accepted drag sources above are for the first drag target only, every other drag source is assigned DND_Score2, 3, 4..12 etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry...giving up. I think you are still on a very old version of Captivate, correct? Before CP2017.  Can you post the full version number. You find it under Help, About Captivate It is difficult to help in that case, because only the two most recent versions of CP are still supported. - version 10 & 11.5.

Why do you not use those actions to increment a DnDScore? Or do you allow replacing drag sources? You are using that score only for the advanced aciton, because there is no way to get it into the Quiz score, hence turning off the reporting.

You have feedback messages which normally will never appear, since they are scheduled AFTER the pausing point of the buttons and the D&D slide.  I cannot see how many attempts you allow, nor what the last attempt action is, if the attempts are not set to Infinite. Depending on your version there is no way to turn off releasing the playhead when it is a simple action, you may need an advanced action as Object Action.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for responding

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources