Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Drag and Drop Correct Answers location

New Here ,
Dec 04, 2020 Dec 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all!

I am creating a Drag and Drop as part of a knowledge check.  I have three locations and three sources. Each source has one correct drop location. And I have created three custom variables, one for each drop combination.  I am trying to change the value of a variable when a source is dropped on a drop location so I can check those variables upon submission (not auto submitted) to provide the appropriate feedback.

I am trying to do this…

IF a drop is correct, I want to assign that particular drop variable with 1 and if incorrect, assign with 0, via the object action. Drop sources can be re-dropped if necessary, so if a source is dropped them moved to a different drop location, the object action of checking if it is correct and assigning 1 or 0 to the variable should happen again (crossing my fingers that this is possible).

I will have a custom submit button to take care of the submissions so I can accomplish all of the scripting.

I want to give them two chances to get all three correct. IF there is an incorrect choice on the first attempt, I will display some feedback saying wrong, try one more time and NOT move the drop sources at all. I am thinking that this will not be an issue (By that I mean… I assume that I can give them infinite chances, then count the number of submissions, correct?)

On the second attempt if all is correct, I will display feedback that says so, and have a click to continue action. If on the second attempt there are still incorrect choices, then I will show them what was correct with a green highlight, and if incorrect show with a red highlight AND display the correct answer to the right of the incorrect choice.  All of this should not be an issue, again in my head anyway.

My issue is I cannot find where (which system variable and it’s allowed value(s)) to check if each drop is correct/incorrect so I can assign the 1 or 0 to the custom variable that I will check upon submission of the entire slide.

Does any of this make sense and any ideas if it is at all possible?

Gracias for any assistance/ideas you can provide.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You make it too complicated. Object actions allow you to do what you want. Please, do not use a 'custom' Submit button, why would you want to do that? D&D slides have enough possibilities for action:

• Global Success and Last Attempt action (wrongly labeled as Failure action)
  • Object actions for each drag action performed.

It has some limitations for feedback, compared with the normal quiz slides. To overcome those, have a look at:

http://blog.lilybiri.com/custom-failure-messages-slash-attempts-drag-and-drop

Please, next time do not attach images but insert them in the question. That will save a lot of time: now I have to download the screenshot, checking it for security reasons, open it in a graphics application, and at the end delete it again. When you insert, I can see the screenshot immediately.

If I understand your question correctly, you don't need a custom submit button, nor scripting for that button. Everything can set up with the functionality of D&D slides, except for the feedback messages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanx for your speedy reply.  I read through your linked blog post and it makes sense.  The only thing I do not see is how is it determined which of the "drags" is correct/incorrect when submitting, which would determine what is presented on the failue/last attempt. Unless I am missing something I don't see that (if for instance one is correct and two are incorrect, what is displayed to the learner would be different if two were correct and one incorrect, etc). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wait....I now see the incorrect/correct in the drop location states, correct?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 05, 2020 Dec 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It was around midnight when I posted this answer, bit sleepy.

I have lot of blogs about Drag&Drop, which can be set up both as Knowledge Check slide, and as scored Quiz slide. After having defined objects as Drag sources and Drop targets, you link the corrct drag source to the drop target, that is the last step in the basic setup. Then you can fine tune, using the Drag&Drop panel: there is a Correct answer dialog box, and Object Actions which doubles as Accepted drag sources. 

Explore my blog with the tag Drag&Drop...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources