• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Drag and Drop - custom incorrect audio

New Here ,
Jan 16, 2020 Jan 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, I have a drag and drop with one drop source and three incorrect answers. Each answer is wrong for a different reason, and I would like to play a specific version of an audio clip based on whichever answer a user tries to drag across. In addition to this, I would like for the incorrect answers not to be accepted by the drop source. I've found that to get the incorrect answers to be rejected I have to untick them in the Drop source Object Actions box, but this prevents me from attaching an advanced action or similar to get the different audio versions playing. Does anyone have a way around this please?

TOPICS
Advanced actions

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 16, 2020 Jan 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As you have found, you have conflicting priorities.  If you set the Drop Target to reject the incorrect answers then you take away the option to execute an Advanced Action because the Object Actions only happen if the Drag Object is successfully dropped on the target.  

As far as I am aware, you cannot have both, you need to choose which is more important.  My guess would be that you want to give the audio feedback, so that has priority.  I suggest you add a Clear button to the interaction so that the learner can reset any dropped items, and add a bit on the end of the audio clip that tells them to Clear their answer before dropping something else.

Feel free to log an enhancement request with Adobe about this.  There are a lot of aspects of Captivate that could do with some new creative thinking.  Nothing much has been added to the Drag and Drop interaction since it was first introduced back in Captivate 6.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources