Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Drag and Drop Feedback disappears after a few seconds

New Here ,
Apr 18, 2019 Apr 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I've created a drag and drop interaction, and after submitting, the feedback appears as expected, but then disappears about 2 seconds later. I can't find any way to edit this, or any type of explanation for why this is happening. Can anyone help?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 18, 2019 Apr 18, 2019

What are the actions for Success/Failure?

D&D slides have an automatically added pausing point at 1,5 seconds which is not visible on the Timeline (asked for it several times).

When you click Submit, the feedback appears, but the playhead is released as well. If you kept the default action set to Continue, after 1.5secs the end of the slide will be reached.

You can time feedback messages by selecting them and go into the Timing properties, but need to know which actions you have. If you keep Contin

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are the actions for Success/Failure?

D&D slides have an automatically added pausing point at 1,5 seconds which is not visible on the Timeline (asked for it several times).

When you click Submit, the feedback appears, but the playhead is released as well. If you kept the default action set to Continue, after 1.5secs the end of the slide will be reached.

You can time feedback messages by selecting them and go into the Timing properties, but need to know which actions you have. If you keep Continue, make the duration of the slide longer to see the feedback for a longer time than 1.5secs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The timing setting is what I was looking for, it's staying on screen as expected now.

What action do I need to set up to allow the user to click anywhere to continue? It was working by default, but now that function has stopped.

Thanks for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is the second step of the Submit process for default quiz slides, not for a D&D slide. Bit confusing, I know, same as for the pausing point being invisible in the timeline and for the 'Failure' action which is in reality a Last Attempt action, not a Failure action.

You could add a Next button, starting at 1,6secs, it would appear when the action Continue is done (Success or Last Attemp). That button could pause the slide again, bit later than the firs 1.5secs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So there's no way to emulate the Submit process for the default quiz slides? I know they're different, but I'm trying to find a way to create the same "continue" process... If I have to add a Next button I guess I will, but seeing as that button doesn't exist anywhere else in the experience, it's not a great solution.

Thanks again for the help,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is my attempt at making drag and drop work like a regular quiz question but there are a couple of other considerations you may need to make to have these work like final quiz questions or normal knowledge check questions. Mostly you need to consider what happens when the user returns to this slide. I don't recall if I had it in this video but essentially you will need a slide reset advanced action on enter of the slide to return all your custom objects back to normal.

Adobe Captivate - Make Drag and Drop Behave Like Regular Questions - YouTube

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Exactly the same. Sure.... replace the Next button by a click box, which appears at 1,6secs. Edit the feedback message to instruct the learner to click the slide, so the click box needs to cover the whole slide. And if you want also the Y, define it as shotcut key for the click box. The only difference is now that the actions defined for the D&D will not be done after the second step of the Submit Process, or you need to create a conditional action for the click box Success event. Maybe an idea for another Tweak post.

Reset of a D&D slide is not necessary when it is a KC slide.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources