• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Drag and Drop interaction -- customized failure message

Explorer ,
Sep 03, 2020 Sep 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a simple drag and drop project with one drag source and four drop targets, one of which is correct. I need a solution for the following:

1. When the user clicks submit without dragging, they should see a message that says "You need to select your option". Currently it is giving me a standard failure message.

2. When the user drags to the wrong answer, and hits submit, the failure message should say, "Wrong answer, try again"

Following a solution posted by Lilybiri, I created a variable (v_failure) and assigned it to the three incorrect options, but it's not working. I must be overlooking something very basic. I can attach a cptx file with a simple representation of what I want to accomplish. Somehow I'm not able to attach it.

Fyi -- I have non-existent javascript skills (I have started learning only recently), and I'm also fairly new to Captivate. 

Thanks! 

TOPICS
Advanced actions

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 03, 2020 Sep 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For your first question you need another blog post:

http://blog.lilybiri.com/prevent-skipping-on-drag-and-drop-quiz-slide

That could be a solution as well.

Have seen your comment on my blog. Sorry, but I will not debug files, you can insert screenshots to explain your workflow. Try to follow the steps described. Did you insert the feedback variable in the default Feedback? message? Did you add the Assign command to each of the wrong drop actions in the Object Actions dialog box? You can have a different feedback text for each of the actions. Since you talk about one drag source and 4 drop targets, this needs to be done for EACH drop target, not just for one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources