• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Drag and Drop Interaction Submit Button in Wizard won't move in Captivate 2019

Explorer ,
Dec 10, 2018 Dec 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I use the Drag & Drop Interaction Wizard from the tool bar pull down, the Submit  button always appears in a bad place.  When I try to drag it to the bottom of the screen, or to a better place, it won't move.  It seems to shirink down in size, but won't budge.  I'm using Captivate 2019.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 10, 2018 Dec 10, 2018

Version number, please? Most recent is 11.0.1.266.

I never use the wizard, but the Drag&Drop panel.. After closing the wizard, are you not able to move the Submit button?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 10, 2018 Dec 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Version number, please? Most recent is 11.0.1.266.

I never use the wizard, but the Drag&Drop panel.. After closing the wizard, are you not able to move the Submit button?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 11, 2018 Dec 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good suggestion. I was unaware of the panel. Also, I had to unlock the submit button from the fluid box and then it became moveable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 12, 2018 Dec 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You didn't specify that you talk about a Fluid Boxes project. Be careful: if you leave the submit button unlocked from a fluid box it will not behave like you want.

The Drag&Drop panel iwill be needed anyhow to set up the Drag&Drop interaction correctly.  Personally I don't think the wizard is saving much time, just because it results in what you told: 'I xas unaware of the panel'. Snapping, correct answers, Object actions, limiting number of objects on a target, all that has to be set up in the panel, not possible in the wizard.

I have blogged many times about Drag&Drop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you recommend setting up a drag & drop without a fluid box or child fluid boxes then? I would like to read all your posts on drag & drop. Should I just search on drag & drop plus your name in the forum, or have your written elsewhere on the topic that I could read? Very helpful feedback!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you need a responsive project and want to use fluid boxes you have to set up those fluid boxes, and configure them in such a way tat the Submit button has the size and location you want it to have.

I have a personal blog, here is one link:

Drag&Drop Actions - Captivate blog

I also posted some articles in the eLearning Community and on the Creative Pipeline in these forums.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a drag & drop interaction that I am setting up in a responsive project.  There are multiple fluid boxes.   I have six text captions that need to be dragged from the right part of the slide onto 3 targets on the left.  No matter how I configure the fluid boxes, or the text captions, as I shrink the screen size with the slider at the top of the screen (to see how the slide would look on different device screen resolutions), the text in the captions always gets mangled or obscured by the text  caption box either moving or changing size, while the text size remains fixed in size and does not move with the text caption box.  what am I doing wrong?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 13, 2018 Dec 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The slider in editing mode will not show the smooth changes in font size. You'll only see them with Preview where a temporary HTML5 output is generated. I would recommend to decrease the minimum font size from 14pt to 10pt, which is still readable on phones. I hope this is what you meant by '...the text size remains fixed in size and does not move with the text caption box.  '

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 14, 2018 Dec 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just assumed the slider would provide an accurate rendition of the final result.  Thanks for clueing me in.

Because so many phone & tablets these days are high resolution, what are your thoughts on sizing projects to be 1020 x 1080?  All the new ipads are at least that large, and my phone is too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another commonmisunderstanding. HTML publishced content playsin a browser, it is the browser resolution which is important, and that maybe much smaller than the screen resolution. Check some phones on Viewport Sizes

Moreover, making the resolution bigger means increasing the file size as well. Mobile devices have much less power than desktop/laptops, and their bandwicht may be smaller as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That being the case, what project dimensions do you recommend?

Also, are you aware of any playback issues with Chrome for 2019 Captivate HTML5 output? My html5 works with Microsoft Edge and Firefox, but not Chrome. I reset chrome, cleared its cache, and I have the latest version. I also have the latest version of Captivate 2019.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 15, 2018 Dec 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no 'unique' answer to project resolution at all.  You have to take into account many factors: on which devices will the course be viewed, will it be in a simple browser or in a LMS. Both browsers and LMS' take up pixels horizontally and vertically. Will your audience have a good bandwidth or not? 

Reflect: increasing the resolution means increase of file size. If this is important to make the eLearning more efficient, do increase the resolution. Keep that primary goal in mind, do not increase a resolution because the screen resolutions are now bigger. As I mentioned before, it is the browser resolution which is important, not the screen resolution. Look at the browser resolution for the famous iPhones and you will be amazed how low that resolution is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did go to how bigismybrowser.com and was amazed at the smallness of my cell phone “viewport” size. But that said, if your audience includes a lot of cell phones and tablets and is basically the general public, what resolution is recommended?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As Rod pointed out already: for a responsive project this is not a relevant question if you  use fluid boxes. In that case you only need to define the maximum resolution and set up the fluid boxes correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources