Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Drag and Drop Interactions

Community Beginner ,
Oct 04, 2020 Oct 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I am trying to make a drag and drop interaction so when the user places the correct drag source over the correct drag target it triggers an effect. I have created a correct state for the drag target with an effect but when I drop the correct drag source over the drag target it is not triggering the effect that I have applied to the correct state. I have three drag sources and targets on the slide and I would like the  effect to take effect as soon as the correct drop source is placed on the correct drop target. 

Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to use the Object Action in that case. You didn't tell exactly which Effect you want to have executed, but the command Apply Effect for that correct drag action will do the trick. Do not forget to deactivate the option 'Continue playing the project' to avoid releasing the playhead.

To see the dialog box with Object actions, you need to select the Drop target. Under the fFormat tab in the Drag&Drop panel you will see the button Object actions.

More info in:

http://blog.lilybiri.com/drag-and-drop-actions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Lilybiri

Thank you for your help. I'll see if I can work it out using object action. I'm applying entrance and motion path effects to the drop targets.

Thanks again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you need a combination of two effects, you need a shared or advanced action for the Object action. I would recommend to create a custom Effect. Workflow is bit cumbersome, but described step-by-step in this blog post:

http://blog.lilybiri.com/how-to-use-custom-effect-in-actions

It is a bit tricky, especially with Entrance effects because the drag source will have moved. With a custom effect you can precisely design the motion path. Other effects without motion are easier.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources