Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Drag and drop resetting position

New Here ,
Mar 25, 2021 Mar 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

I have this weird issue I hope someone can help me with.

I have a drag and drop interaction which is included in quiz, with a single attempt possible. When the user goes to the next slide after submitting the drag and drop quiz and would then return to the drag and drop slide, the drop sources should be placed on the drop targets where the user placed them.

Thusfar everything works and behaves like it's supposed to... When I either move the drag and drop slide to a different position in the film strip, or change the slide after the drag and drop slide to a different slide, Captivate no longer 'remembers' the submitted drop source location when returning to the drag and drop slide.

I am using Adobe Captivate 2019 11.5.5.553 release and the issue appears both on OSX and windows. The project is HTML5.

I hope someone has any idea how to help, thanks in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is weird. Your version is meant for Windows, will not be functional on Big Sur, or are you still on an older OS?

Is this a scored slide with reporting turned on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your quick response!

I am currently working on a Windows laptop, that is where I checked the version number. My mac computer is still running Catalina.

It is a scored slide with reporting turned on. 

I do have some javascript running when submitting the quiz that changes the drag sources' state, based on a variable that is assigned depending on which drop target they are placed on (in this case turning them green when correct/red when incorrect). As i've set the objects to 'Retain state on slide revisit', when returning to the slide after submitting, the drag sources still show if they were correct or incorrect when they were previously submitted. They are, however returned to their original position...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since I would never use JS but shared actions and inBuilt states in that case, will leave you to a JS expert.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The information about the changing of the states was to exemplify that some information is correctly 'rembered' by Captivate. Only the position of the drag sources are reset.

The javascript itself can be left out of the equation, as the quiz was behaving correctly when it was in the original poisition in the film strip, and stopped working when the slide was moved to a different position.

I hope you would be willing to ignore the usage of javascript (as I do not see it relevant in this particular situation).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources