Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

drag and drop submit button is active before action is completed

New Here ,
Jun 01, 2020 Jun 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Captivate 2019  11.5.1.499

The submit button is active at the beginning of play and clicking it before done will advance to the next slide - before any or all drags are in place. I'm using bounce back. How to make the submit button inactive until all drags are in place?

TOPICS
Quizzing and LMS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 01, 2020 Jun 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no option in Captivate to do this for Drag and Drop submit buttons.  Feel free to log an enhancement request and wait patiently for several years.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 02, 2020 Jun 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

True that this is not available out of the box. However using the Object actions you could achieve something leading to the same result. I suspect you are talking about a D&D slide used as Knowledge Check slides, not as a scored quiz slide. A while ago I wrote out a possible workflow to avoid that such a slide was submitted without having done any drag action. You can have a look at:

http://blog.lilybiri.com/prevent-skipping-on-drag-and-drop-quiz-slide

This may inspire you to extend it to reach your goal, not by deactivating the Submit button, but by giving a warning. Another possible tweak could be to make the Submit button invisible to the learner (no label, Alpha and stroke set to 0) and based on the tracking by the Object actions to show an image of that button on top of it when all the drag actions have been done. The 'invisible' Submit button remains active. That workflow cannot be used in a Fluid Boxes project however.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much, Lilybiri - this gives me hope that I can get the Submit button to show up only after all drag actions are made. Please elaborate on how to use the tracking by Object actions to show a Submit button image after all drag actions have been done. And this is not a fluid boxes project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I offered you enough inspiration with that example blog about using Object actions. To set up the full solution you want would cost me a couple of hours, and sorry, have a lot on my plate. Clients cannot wait.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources