• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Drag and Drop with Auto-Submit - Success Action Not Working

Jul 24, 2019 Jul 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm setting up a Drag and Drop in Captivate 2019 that should behave as follows:

1. User clicks sources to drop targets - incorrect placements snap back automatically; correct placements drop in place.

2. Once the user finally places the last source on the last drop target, a success message is displayed and the user can click anywhere to move forward.

So far I have the drop targets rejecting incorrect submissions and accepting correct ones. However, when the final source is placed, nothing happens and you don't go to the next slide.

Here are the settings for the D&D exercise:

1. On success: Go to the next slide

2. On failure: no action

3. No. of attempts: 1

4. Success caption: selected

5. Auto-submit correct answers: selected

6. On the object actions menu, each drop target is set to allow one Drag Source Type

• Accept All: Unchecked
  • Count: 1
  • On accept: Go back
  • Action for each source type: no action

Do you think I have just have some setting that's off? Thank you in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 25, 2019 Jul 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Description sounds correct. What did you do with the Submit button?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I removed the submit button from the stage. My thinking is that the final placement of the course source on the correct target should trigger the success caption and action, but it just does nothing. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You didn't delete it, that is fine.

Normal behavior would be that on Success the Success message would appear for the time it has been designed with (default is 3 seconds) and then the action On Success would be executed.  You may unaware of the fact that the D&D slide is paused at 1.5seconds. Did you by any chance edit the slide duration? Can you show a screenshot of the Timeline and of the Correct Answers dialog for D&D?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources