• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Drag & Drop - Giving a Hint

New Here ,
Jun 25, 2019 Jun 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a drag and drop exercise with 7 risk hotspots and 7 Warning triangles.  The user drags a triangle to a risk hotspot and receives feedback via a 'object action' set on the risk hotspot.  The D&D is set up so that any triangle can be dropped into any risk and that when all 7 risks are found the exercise is completed. 

There is no submit button shown, no success text show and no failure text shown. - All messages are shown via an advanced option assigned to each drop target by changing the state of a multi-state text box object.

When all 7 risks are found the advanced action will display a continue button to allow the user to move on (this is important as I don't want the user moving on until all risks are found).

Some risks are hard to find, so I am looking for a way to allow the user to see a hint when they have had 7 attempts and have not yet found all of the risks.

I was planning to set an advanced action which flashed an indicator over the risks which have not yet been found and I have set this up.  My issue is that I cannot work out a way to trigger the flashing advanced action without adding something clumsy like a hint button.

Does anyone have a helpful solution?

Regards

Mark.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can embed this in the Object actions. You probably wil need to set up tracking variables, and a counter, maybe even track time?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Lilybiri

As I understand it, object actions only works on a target zone, which if the user has found already, they are unlikely to drop another triangle to it, hence I dont think the 'count' option would work here, hence my problem.

The thought of a timer works for me.  Any advice on how I could set up a trigger to my advanced action 30 seconds after the last correct attempt?

Thanks

Mark.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Object actions are triggered by any drag action, event-driven. Not linked to target nor source. Maybe you are confused because you can reach the object actions only when a target is selected.

There is a "Delay Next action by" which you could use. Problem is that it will always be executed, would have to e reversed if another object action is fired.

It would take time to set up a workflow, which I don't have at this moment. May be easier with JS since you can add events (as you can with the widget CpExtra).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.

JS is not an option for me at this stage as i don't have the skill set.

I fear what I am looking to achieve is beyond my abilities, which is a shame because it seems such a logical requirement.

Thanks

Mark.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sure it is possible, have created similar solutions for many clients.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think what I am struggling with is how to trigger an advanced action when a drag item is dragged unsuccessfully.

If I knew how to do that then I could solve my issue. - Do you know how to do that?

Thanks

Mark.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Depends on the way you set up the D&D slide. If you allow any drag action, each of them can trigger an object action.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources